|𝟚𝟜|

───── UNDER THE MOONLIGHT ─────

No wonder she likes you

┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈✁━━━━━━━━━━━

You lay in your bed, eyes wide open as you gazed at the hand that lay in front of you. What felt like hours had gone by since you had gone to bed yet you still couldn't get a single wink of sleep. How could you? Tomorrow's the battle...

The Toman members were all at a meeting at the shrine, according to Chifuyu, and of course, you couldn't attend that. You weren't a Toman member after all, despite your disgusting title of the gang's princess.

Deciding to give up on trying to get some sleep, you quietly got out of bed so as to not wake up Pao before slipping into some warmer clothes. Grabbing your necessities, and a carrot, you adorned a warm sweater. As you were about to leave, however, you heard the sounds of tiny footsteps and yipping running after you, and your eyes widened at the sight of Pao.

"Aw, baby, did I wake you up?" You coddled, getting down on your knees as the small puppy jumped into your arms, "I'm sorry... I'll make it up to you, okay? How about a walk? You want to go for a walk, yeah?" You cooed, petting Pao and cuddling her. You got up and grabbed your leash before wrapping it around her. Once everything was done and settled, you walked out of the apartment and into the night.

You had to admit, you felt pretty stupid right now. You knew you had a target on your back for being associated with Toman, and here you were, walking by yourself in the dark. You basically had a big, bright neon sign on your back with the word 'im here' and big arrow pointing towards your head. But did you currently care?

Not.

One.

Bit.

Once you descended the stairs, you made sure to visit the bunny family that lived near your apartment and gave them the carrot. After petting the furry creatures, you got up and began to walk to wherever your legs would take you.

As you walked mindlessly, you took in the cold, night breeze. Although quite scary, you always loved the vibe of the night - it was quiet and peaceful. The city felt like a completely different place during the night and you loved it.

Eventually, you found yourself at the local playground. Chuckling, you let Pao drag you over to the swings only to stop halfway there as you spotted a lone figure swinging themselves gently. Deciding you actually did not want to get kidnapped again, you decided it was best to leave the area as soon as you could.

"Sorry baby, maybe next time," You whispered to your dog, softly tugging on her leash to pull her away. However, the stubborn little thing would not listen, and instead, used all her strength in her tiny little body to run with enough speed that it ripped the leash from your hands. Before you could grab the speedy demon, she ran towards the lone figure and jumped onto their lap.

"Pao!" You screeched, running after her. You ran up towards the figure and instantly bowed down, continuing to doing so as you spoke. "I am so sorry, she just gets a little excited at times!"

"Is she yours?" The deep voice questioned.

Well, yeah she's mine, or else I wouldn't be apologizing here to you like an idiot, now would I?

"Y-yeah... I really am sorry," You apologized, bowing your head as you grabbed Pao off the stranger's lap, "I really don't know where she got that strength to..." As you looked up and locked eyes with blue eyes, you felt your voice draining away. That's got to be the most beautiful pair of blue eyes I have ever laid my eyes on...