|𝟛𝟝|

───── BEAUTIFUL ─────

i think they're beautiful

┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈✁━━━━━━━━━━━

The ride back home was filled with nothing but silence while you quietly sat at the back of Sanzu's bike. Ever since the kidnapping accident, Sanzu refused to let you go to different cities on your own and instead accompanied you. Fortunately, you were still able to convince him to allow you off on your own while he waited at your parent's home.

You had your arms wrapped around Sanzu's waist while you rested yourself on his back, solemn [e/c] eyes gazing towards the ocean shore that you were currently riding past. The events of the last hour flashed in your mind, paining your heart once more. Instinctively, you tightened your hold on Sanzu and closed your eyes as you looked forward, burying your face into his jacketed back.

It was silent, and to Sanzu, it was the loudest silence he has ever heard. He had grown accustomed to your non-stop talking about everything around you that the silence you now showed was foreign to him. He became used to your gentle voice and laughter ringing through his ears. But now, because of stupid decisions from very important adults in your life, your lips remained sealed, not a single sound of laughter heard.

And Sanzu would never admit it, but he didn't like it. At all.

Internally sighing, Sanzu steered his bike over to the side and parked it, much to your surprise. "Sanzu-san, what's going on?" You asked, temporarily perking up from your saddened state. You watched silently as the boy got up, your arms falling to your side. He fixed his long hair before turning to you with those same, dull eyes.

"Shopping." Was all he said, but it was enough to throw you into confusion and you gazed at him weirdly.

"Shopping?"

"Yeah."

"Why?"

"Because... It's nearly Christmas."

You blinked at the stoic boy with wife eyes. Shopping? You had to admit you had no idea if the boy was being sarcastic or not. But considering you were still a ways away from home and he decided to stop by the pier outdoor mall, you figured he had an ounce of seriousness in his words.

But you never took Sanzu for the gifting type. You were baffled at the current event but you went along with it regardless. Sanzu held his hand out to you and helped you off his bike. Once you were stable, you failed to take note of the way his hand lingered on yours for just a second too long due to your fascination at the shops around you.

With a wide smile on your face, you skipped further into the pier and gazed around you in awe, like a child at a candy store. Without even realizing it, you were brought out of your depressive state.

Sanzu stuffed his hands into his jacket pockets, following you everywhere you went. Beneath his mask, he hid a rare smile that he was unable to keep down due to his accelerating heart.

"Uwah... I'm surprised this place is still open!" You let out in awe as your eyes drifted between the various shops. "It's getting pretty cold now..."

The male looked at you, blue eyes lingering as he watched you wrap your arms around yourself and shiver ever so slightly. Without thinking, his hands made his way to the zipper of his jacket.

"I really care for her."

Sanzu paused as those words echoed in his mind. Hesitantly, he removed his hands from his zipper and instead stuffed them in his pockets. "Y-yeah..."