| 𝟛𝟙 |

───── THERE HE IS ─────

you thought it almost too good to be true

┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈✁━━━━━━━━━━━

"Say cheese!"

click

You laughed loudly as you looked at the picture you had just taken. In the picture, Inui stared straight at the camera with wide eyes, his mouth agape. He was too focused on playing with Pao that he failed to notice you get your camera ready to take a picture until it was too late.

Ever since meeting the boy that moonlit night, you and Inui have made it a tradition to meet each other at the same park whenever available. He always requested for Pao to come along as well. Although you found it weird, having the midnight meet-ups with the boy was therapeutic, especially after a long and hard day.

He was silent most of the time and 80 percent of the talking came from you, but neither of you minded it as he always found his own way to make you feel better by taking your mind off things. You grew to care about the friendship you developed with the silent boy.

"You look amazing here, Inui-kun!" You teased, turning your camera around to show the said boy his 'amazing' picture.

Inui gently put Pao down before leaning closer to look at the picture on the tiny screen. He then let out a small smile and chuckle, "I thought you told me you were good at taking pictures, [name]?"

Upon hearing his words, your face instantly turned red as you pulled your camera back. "I- I am good at taking pictures! It's just, y'know- like-"

A rare sound then graced your ears as Inui laughed, a hand going up to cover his mouth. As he did, you couldn't help but stop yourself from talking as you admired how he looked. The way the dim shine of the moonlight illuminated his face took your breath away. There was simply something so beautiful about the boy in front of you.

"[name]?"

Blushing, you quickly looked away and down at your camera and tried to fiddle with whatever buttons you could.

Of course, you would never admit it though.

"Anyways, it's getting a bit late, don't you think?" Inui questioned, getting up from his seat at the swing and making his way closer to you. As he did, Pao happily ran circles around him. "Let's drop you off home? Don't you have school tomorrow?"

You frowned, "Is it that late already?" You questioned, taking your phone out of your pocket to check that it was in fact, already that late. Sighing, you put your phone away again, "Ah, I guess I must." Kneeling down, you called Pao over and promptly put her leash around her. "Tonight went by faster than I expected it to, Inui-kun."

"I agree." Was all the boy said, but despite his dry response, you knew he meant it with his heart.

"We should meet up again tomo-"

"Ah, so this is where you have been disappearing off to, Inupi."

You and Inui froze in silence, eyes wide at the introduction of a new, yet familiar voice.

Without hesitation, Inui stepped in front of you, blocking you from the sight of the new arrival.

"What are you doing here?" Inui questioned, his voice deeper and more stern than usual.