|𝟚𝟛|

Before we begin I just wanted to say THANK YOU to everyone reading this <3 we have surpassed 25k reads and 1.2k votes at this point and that's insane for me.

I also wanna say that we're on chapter 23 which is the furthest I have gotten on ANY fanfiction... this story may actually have hope for an ending :P

I honestly did not expect to get this far... Thank you all again <3 I love you all so much and I'm glad you're enjoying ^^

───── ❝ TO PROTECT ❞ ─────

It's really important to me

┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈✁━━━━━━━━━━━

Your forehead rested on your fingertips as you bowed your head. After finishing your blessings, you opened your eyes to see Mikey finished up right next to you. The two of you shared a smile before standing up.

"Thank you, Kenny." You told the tall braided boy as you grabbed your umbrella from his hands. Draken did nothing but smile and nod.

"I really appreciate you coming, [name]-chin." Mikey began, his eyes looking sad despite the smile he sent your way.

"I didn't know Shinichiro-kun for long, but he really was an amazing person." You smiled to yourself as you stared at the ground before looking up at Mikey, "I wouldn't let our differences and what happened between us get in the way of my respect for him."

Mikey and Draken stared at you as you sent that angelic smile. Countless thoughts ran through their head as they took in your view - your smile, closed eyes, slightly damp hair, and wet clothes. Even the way you held the umbrella with both your hands as it perched on your shoulder accompanied by the wind that softly blew your [h/c] locks. It was a sight that they didn't want to tear their gaze away from. More like they couldn't.

After all, you seemed to be the shining light in a world that was growing ever more darker.

But of course, good things don't last.

"Mikey-kun, Draken-kun."

The three of you turned your heads towards the voice only to see two blond's making their way towards your small group. Upon recognizing them as Takemichi and Chifuyu, your smile brightened and you lifted your hand up in an excited wave. The crybaby smiled and waved back while his partner nearly stopped in his steps before shyly returning your greeting.

"Takemicchi? Chifuyu?" Draken raised a brow as his eyes looked between the two shorter males, "What're you doing here?"

Takemichi gulped and looked up at Draken, "I needed to talk to you two about something." He took a deep breath as his eyes travelled down to Mikey, "Something important."

Mikey raised a brow as he shoved his hands in the pockets of his hoodie, "What is it?"

Gulping, Takemichi took another deep breath, "I talked to Baji-san yesterday. He told me about-"

Before the blond could even finish his sentence, Mikey's eyes widened and he instantly stopped him, "Okay. I get it." He looked over at you, blinking at him innocently and confused. "I'm sorry, [name]-chin, but can you go on ahead? There's just some things I'd like to discuss with my members."