|𝟜𝟟|

───── THE KINGDOM WE BUILT THAT DAY ─────

mahal kita

┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈✁━━━━━━━━━━━

"Everybody, gather around!"

At the sound of their head mistress' call, all the children at the orphanage gathered in the main hallway and stood in their orderly line. They were used to this, as they often did this when a family was over.

The children stared at the figures in front of them. They looked rich. They were dressed in such fancy clothing and looked well-put. Behind them stood two younger-looking girls dressed in maid uniforms and they seemed to be holding the belongings of the rich folk.

"Children, say hello to the [surname] family." Their headmistress, Kyoka, instructed.

In unison, all the children said their greetings. "Good morning!" In an orderly fashion, they bowed down 90 degrees just as they were taught.

The older female of the group gushed at the sight as she turned to her husband, "Look at how adorable they are, dear!"

Her husband laughed before turning to Kyoka. "You have raised them very well." He then took his wife's hand in his and they both bowed.

"Children, we must thank the [surname] family." Kyoka began, "Due to their generous donation, we can provide you all with new and comfier beds, new clothes as well as delicious food!"

The light in each child's eyes lit up as they heard that. It felt like it's been ages since they've had anything nice. In unison, they bowed once again and yelled out a heartfelt "Thank you so much!"

The couple smiled while the wife clapped her hands. The husband turned to look at the headmistress, "Kyoka-san, there are things that we wanted to further discuss with you, if possible?"

Kyoka tilted her head in surprise, her red hair flowing alongside her. "Oh?"

The wife smiled and nodded her head, "Yes. We have been thinking of setting up a possible contract of some sort — to ensure the children will always have something nice to eat."

Kyoka's eyes widened and a bright smile was placed on her face, "Of course! We can discuss it in my office! Children, go on and play!"

The husband smiled and nodded her head. While his wife and Kyoka headed toward the office, he turned around and squatted to fall into eye-level with the child hiding behind him.

"[name]-chan, mama and papa will be back, okay? Why don't you go play with the kids while you wait?" Your father asked as he ruffled your hair.

"Uhm... okay..." You muttered, glancing at the orphanage kids as they stared at you curiously. Your father smiled before getting up to face Hanami and Hanako.

"Hanako, Hanami, please keep a careful eye on [name]. I trust her to you." Your father instructed them.

The elder of the sisters, Hanako, bowed, "Yes, Lord [father]." Contented with their compliance, your father gave you one last ruffle on the head before he made his way to the head mistress' office.