|𝟚𝟠|

───── ❝ TONKATSU ❞ ─────

now looking at you, he can see why

┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈✁━━━━━━━━━━━

Tears fell from your eyes as you stared at the girl. "Aiko-chan... please don't go..."

The raven-haired girl could only smile sadly as she stared back at you, a hand gripping the cloth on her chest. "I'm sorry, [name]-chan... I have to." You could feel your chest drop at her words, waiting for her to continue. The light from your open doorway hid her unknown expression in a silhouette, "Besides..."

"Besides...?"

Aiko chuckled, "You kinda did this to yourself."

"Aiko-chan, please!" You screeched an ungodly sound as you wrapped your arms around the shorter girl's shoulders and clung to her tightly.

"You shouldn't have told him you were going to cook! You know that's one thing you can't do!" Aiko scolded, shrugging you off her shoulders.

You pouted as crocodile tears fell from your eyes, "Yeah, but I was so caught in the moment..." Mumbling, you squished the tips of your index fingers together, "Besides, he was saying that I should come over to his place instead, and you know I can't do that either!"

Aiko stared at you before sighing. "I have work and errands to do, you know this." It was then that the ravenette's stern expression turned to one full of gentleness and care, "If I could, I would help you. Tell you what, after my shift and once I got all my errands done, I'll see if I have time and I can try and cook you guys up something."

"B-but what if Mitsuya and his siblings get here before that?!" You freaked out.

"Well, that's why I brought you... this!" Aiko rummaged through her bag before pulling out a book and handing it over to you.

Raising a brow, you tilted your head as you read the title, "Cooking for dummies...?" Your pouted and narrowed your eyes at the girl in front of you who only smiled back innocently, "Are you mocking me?"

With a genuinely surprised face, Aiko shook her head, "What, no, of course not! I used that too when I first started cooking. It's good 'cause it uses pretty common ingredients one would find in the kitchen and the process to making the recipes aren't too hard! Wait... y-you do have ingredients in your kitchen, right?"

You glared harder at the girl as you gasped, "Of course I do, I went grocery shopping a few days ago! Who do you think I am?!" Your outburst caused the raven haired girl to laugh out loud.

"Yes, yes~" Aiko agreed before her eyes landed on something behind you and her face went to one of shock. "Oh gosh, I have to leave now or else I'm going to be late for work." Smiling happily, Aiko gave your head a pat, "Good luck, [name]-chan! You'll do great! Bye bye!"

And with those final words, your last hope of cooking an edible lunch for the Mitsuya siblings jogged away from your apartment door and down the stairs. When Aiko was out of sight, you sighed and closed the door behind you before making your way to the kitchen. As you slipped on an apron and tied the strings behind your back, you mocked your best friends words, cursing her under your breath for leaving you in your time of need.

You flopped the book down on your counter and began flipping through the pages. After quickly skimming through some recipes, you smiled wearily, "Okay... these don't seem so bad. I can do this, right?" You questioned no one in particular before nodidng your head and pumping your fists, "Oh, I can definitely do this!"