|𝟙𝟟|

───── WALLS OF MEMORIES ─────

Welcome home

┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈✁━━━━━━━━━━━

You stared up at the grand gates that towered over you, feeling a streak of sweat fall from the side of your cheek. Clearing your throat, you pushed the golden gates open before making your way toward the front of the gated mansion.

As you walked through the unnecessarily large gate, you cursed the architect's choice of a slight uphill driveway leading to a stupidly far front door. Although, you had to admit that the landscaping and the beautiful, angel fountain in the middle of it all slightly made up for it. Slightly.

Eventually, you made your way to the front door. Breathing heavily, you took some time to catch your breath before standing up straight, looking at the familiar, grand, mahogany doors that stood three meters tall. You grabbed the golden handle at the front, loudly pounding it on the surface of the doors before letting your arm fall back to your side.

It didn't take long until a raven-haired girl with round-framed glasses opened the door, peering behind them. The young-looking girl kept the majority of her body hidden behind the tall doors as she peered her head from the side. Her jade green eyes suspiciously scanned the area before landing on your own pair of [e/c].

The girl's eyes widened as she pushed the door open, standing straight with her hands clasped together in front of her. "Miss [name]! Welcome home!" She bowed down ninety degrees.

You blushed at her words and vigorously waved your hand as you nervously chuckled out, "A-ah, Hanami, you know you don't have to be like that with me!"

Hanami instantly shot up straight, her face nearly red as a tomato, "Y-yes, ma'am!"

You couldn't help but laugh at her antics. Hanami was only a few years older than you, having been the younger sister of one of the head maids at your home. Although you didn't have her as a maid for very long, your small age gap and mutual interest in photography caused the both of you to grow closer as friends, rather than worker and employer.

"Is Hanako here?" You asked, taking a few steps inside your childhood home.

Hanami shook her head, closing the door behind you. "Nee-chan went with Fumiko-chan to get some groceries."

"I see..." You mumbled, your eyes glacing around at the familiar place. It has been a while since you last came home, finding things getting too busy to visit.

"Oh, would you like me to tell My Lady that you are here?" Hanami questioned, her face showing genuine curiosity.

You nodded and smiled your head, "Please." The young girl quickly bowed down to you before running off to find your mother. As she did, you slowly paced around the grand entrance hall, admiring just how beautiful your childhood home was compared to your small apartment.

The silence you held was cut off by the sound of multiple footsteps quickly approaching your way. As soon as you turned around to face the noise, you were engulfed in a tight embrace. Your intital shock left your arms in the air, but the familiar warmth soon seeped into you and you happily reciprocated the embrace.

"Oh, my baby, I've missed you so much!" Your mom, [mother], exclaimed as her hold on you got even tighter.

Although it was getting suffocating, you didn't complain. You let out a few chuckles and continued to hug her back, albeit not as tightly, "I've missed you too, mom."