|𝟛𝟠|

i wrote this chapter with the song above on repeat... i recommend reading it with the song as well :D

───── ❝ A SECOND CHANCE ❞ ─────

i'm sorry for everything

tw; dialogue-heavy chapter ahead

┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈✁━━━━━━━━━━━

Blue eyes stared with an unreadable expression at the two figures down below. She watched in silence as they conversed and they made their way towards the male's bike. As [name] hopped on, Mikey looked up and locked eyes with Aiko.

He looked almost apologetic as he stared.

But that didn't stop him from hopping on his bike before driving off to who knows where.

"Aiko-chan."

Emma's voice brought the short girl out of her thoughts as she turned towards the blond. "Don't worry so much. I'm sure she will be fine. She has Mikey with her!"

Aiko frowned further at this and crossed her arms, huffing as she walked back inside [name]'s apartment. "I'm just mad he took away the host for our sleepover!"

"It's okay~ She'll be back!" Emma chuckled after her, following the girl.

Aiko paused and clenched her fists. "She better be..." She muttered to herself before turning to look at Emma who looked at her stiffly, face already turning a tint of red. "So, Draken, hm?~"

~

The drive was silent. Awkward and silent. Ever since he had driven off with you, Mikey has still yet to say anything.

You were quite shocked when he appeared on your doorstep. You had every right mind to just slam the door in his face, but you couldn't bring yourself to do it. Something in the back of your mind just screamed at you to hear Mikey out the second you saw him standing in front of you.

Your grip around Mikey's waist tightened as you felt your heart beat faster and faster.

'Why am I like this? I'm usually fine around him, so why now?'

Before you knew it, the bike had stopped and Mikey turned off the engine. "We're here, [name]-chin." He whispered to you softly, turning his head back to catch a glimpse of you.

Letting go of him, you look around at your surroundings and feel your heart drop. Mikey had brought you to the park where Draken had first introduced the two of you all those years ago. The same park where he asked you to be his girlfriend.

The same park where he had broken up with you.

"What're we doing here, Mik-... Manjiro?" You questioned, cursing yourself for getting caught up in the moment. You swung one leg over his bike and stepped off, only for your foot to slip from the snow.

But you weren't surprised when you found yourself caught in a warm embrace. Looking up, your grip on Mikey's arms tightened as your faces were mere inches apart. "Are you okay, [name]-chin?" He asked with concern. You quickly nodded your head and pulled yourself away from him as the blond chuckled nervously. "Sorry for taking you here all of a sudden... I just..." He looked over at a bench in the distance. "Just wanted to talk to you for a moment..."

"Ah, I'm so tired!" You complained, leaning back on the bench as you lay your hands on it.

"We were barely playing for ten minutes, [name]-chan!" Draken scolded, standing in front of you with his hands on his hips. When he saw no effort from you to get up, he grumbled and walked away, "I'll go buy some water."