|𝟜𝟛|

───── ❝ CATALYST❞ ─────

what do you have in mind

┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈✁━━━━━━━━━━━

It was raining that night. The streets were empty. Puddles formed wherever they could and a musky odour filled the air.

Despite this, two figures stood outside without umbrellas, drenched in rain. They stood in an alleyway, waiting for their guest to arrive.

The taller male grumbled as he sat atop some containers. "Jeez, where's this guy you were talking about? Are you sure he's even real, huh, Kisaki? Pretty sure he's just playing with you."

The bespectacled boy frowned as he pushed himself off the alleyway wall. Turning to face his companion, he crossed his arms. "He better not be, or else I'll have him dispo—"

"You'll have me what?"

Kisaki froze in his place at the sound of the voice. But it wasn't the sudden appearance of the male that made him stop in his tracks, it was the cold touch of the knife against his neck. Hanma stood up from his seat and glared at the black and white-haired boy.

Darren smirked as he looked at the two male's expressions. Letting out a chuckle, he folded the pocket knife and shoved it into his pocket. "Sorry, Kisaki. Did I make you wait long?"

"Yes." The blond growled, instantly taking a step away from the older boy when he was set free.

"Don't worry, I wasn't planning on leaving you." Darren chuckled lowly, slowly twirling the black umbrella that was perched on his shoulders. "I was just getting something."

"Couldn't it have waited?" Hanma glared down at the shorter boy. He was on edge. Maybe it was the rain, but he didn't feel Darren's presence at all until he made himself known. "Who the hell do you think you are, making Kisaki wait in the rain?"

Darren sighed, using his free hand to ruffle his hair. "No, it couldn't, actually." He muttered before digging into the pockets inside his jacket. It was then that he pulled out a photograph and handed it to the two. "Be careful with it, now."

Kisaki and Hanma stared confused at the photo presented in front of them.

It was a photo of you and Mikey on Christmas. In the photo, you and Mikey had your foreheads pressed together, both of your faces red while tears streamed down your faces. It truly was a heartwarming photo. To anyone who saw it, they would instantly see this as two lovers sharing an emotional moment in the snow.

Hanma smirked and nudged Kisaki. "No wonder she dumped you."

Kisaki frowned. "I don't care about that. It's not like I actually held feelings for her anyway." Sighing, Kisaki glared up at Darren. "What the hell is this?"

"It's a photo."

"Well, duh! Use your fucking brain and explain to us why this would be of u—"

Before Hanma could even finish his sentence, he was sent flying back and slammed against the wall. Darren's umbrella fell to the ground as he cracked his knuckles, smirking at the taller male. "Finish that sentence."

"What the fuck was that punch?!" Hanma frowned as he got up. He was ready to fight, but the second he stood up, he fell to his knees. He was rattled by that singular punch. Hanma let out a chuckle in disbelief. "Are you a monster or something?"