|𝟝𝟚|

───── ❝ TONIGHT'S BATTLE ❞ ─────

you rushed into battle

┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈✁━━━━━━━━━━━

Takemichi could feel his heart beating faster and faster as time went on. He was getting increasingly nervous and his palms were becoming sweaty. His eyes moved back and forth between the Toman members who were all expressing their disagreement with the blond.

After arriving at Musashi shrine, they relayed the news of Emma's incident. Takemichi announced that the fight would continue, but understandably, many members were convinced that it was a losing battle without their strongest fighters.

Filled with nervousness, Takemichi glanced at Chifuyu who, although holding up a confident front, seemed as a mess as he was. They had to convince the rest of the members to stay, but with such an obvious loss in power, what else could they say?

And just where was [name]?

That was until Mitsuya and Smiley were wheeled in by Hakkai and Angry. With a gentle smile on his face, Mitsuya looked up at Takemichi, "Take these two with you." He told him, pointing to the two bluenettes behind him.

Hakkai and Angry stepped up. "You can't carry Toman all by yourself, y'know." Angry stated while Hakkai nodded his head.

Takemichi looked at them with appreciation in his eyes before his gaze fell on to the rest of the members. Despite Angry and Hakkai's return, they still seemed unsure. Everyone whispered to one another, shrugging their shoulders as they discussed.

Chifuyu gritted his teeth, "Oi, are you all really part of Toman?! Why are you running away from a battle like this?!"

"What's the point of fighting if we're just going to lose!?" A voice called out from the crowd.

"Yeah! Tenjiku probably has hundreds of members, there's no way we're going to wi—"

"Oy, oy, oy."

The sound of a familiar voice caused the entire area to quiet down and everyone turned to face the direction of the voice. As his gaze landed on the figure, Chifuyu's eyes lit up and he felt tears prick his eyes.

"Baji-san!"

With a smug smile, Baji walked through the crowed as he cracked his knuckles. Beside him was Kazutora who kept his eyes on the ground. Everyone stared at them, shocked. Not only by their sudden appearance but the fact that they were once again wearing Toman's uniform.

"Man, I didn't think I'd get to wear this again." Baji chuckled and Kazutora nodded his head. As they walked, the crowd parted for them until they reached the bottom of the stairs.

"Baji-san... Kazutora..." Takemichi was at a loss for words as he stared at the two retired Toman members. "Why are you..."

Baji could only chuckle as he placed a hand on his hip, "Surprised? A little birdie told us you guys might need help." Just as he said that you appeared from behind the two males and smiled up at the first-division leaders.

"Sorry I took so long..." You apologized to Chifuyu and Takemichi as you ascended the stairs before taking a stand next to them. "To be fair, these two took their sweet damn time." You chuckled as you pointed to the two.

Baji pouted while Kazutora blushed, "Hey, we couldn't go into battle without wearing our uniform!"

"Will you guys really fight with us?" Takemichi questioned, still in disbelief.