|𝟜𝟘|

───── ❝ THE LIGHT OF MY LIFE ❞ ─────

she means the world to me

┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈✁━━━━━━━━━━━

"HAH! That was kinda fun!" You chuckled, setting yourself down on the staircase, Draken taking a seat beside you. "I think I can get used to this~"

You eyed the Black Dragon members who were all lying on the ground, bloodied and bruised. You can hear groaning from where you were.

Draken scoffed and smirked in your direction. "What do you mean? You got kicked once after your entire lEtS gO bEaT uP somE moThErFuckErs and then you tapped out."

"Hey! It was a hard kick, okay?!" You defended, a hand going to your shin where the male had kicked you. "And I still helped as much as I can..." With a pout, you crossed your arms and stared down at the ground.

The blond male next to you stared at your pouting face for a while, a light tint of red appearing on his cheeks. 'Ha, she's cute'. He chuckled before ruffling your hair, "Yeah, you did more than I would have preferred you to."

"And what does that mean?" You questioned, slightly irritated as you shoved his hand away. You felt like you did amazing there for your first fight and this experienced fighter was brushing it off like it was nothing.

Draken sighed, "I'm saying that I would have much preferred you stayed back and not got into the fight at all." With no warning, the male placed a hand to your cheek and gently wiped a way a smear of blood with his thumb. "You got hurt because of it."

Pouting, you looked away from the boy. "That was my decision to make. I'm tired of always just sitting back and watching you guys get beat up." You explained, clenching your fists. "I want to fight too."

There was a moment of silence between the two of you. It's been a while since the fight and now that you were not moving, you felt yourself shiver from the cold.

Draken eyed you from the side and sighed, "Look at you, not wearing proper clothing." He scolded, "You're going to get sick if you keep dressing up like it's not winter."

"Hey! I barely had time to get ready okay?!" You argued, gritting your teeth, "Manjiro just showed up at my door out of no where and practically dragged me ou—" You instantly shut up as you felt a warmth envelope your shoulders and you quickly realized Draken had draped his jacket around you.

"W-wait, now you're going to get sick!" You complained, moving to return his jacket but the boy shook his head.

"I'll be fine, I'm strong." Draken smiled brightly at your direction.

You couldn't help but return the gesture, playfully hitting the male on his shoulder with a chuckle, "What the hell?"

The two of you were so distracted with one another that you failed to hear the church doors open behind you. You only took notice of it when loud footsteps and a thud caught your attention, causing you and Draken to turn back.

Draken smirked, "Oh, are you all done in there?" He said confidently, "Could you let Mikey know we're done out here?"

Shiba Taiju's eyes were wide and his mouth agape as he looked on at his fallen army, all moaning in pain as they laid on the ground. From behind him, Kokonoi's snake-like eyes travelled throughout the defeated army before landing on the small figure beside Toman's vice commander.