|𝟜𝟙|

───── ❝ AFTERMATH ❞ ─────

welcome, princess

┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈✁━━━━━━━━━━━

Your mouth was in a straight line as you stared at the boy in front of you. It had been a couple of days since Christmas, and you hadn't seen the male since then. You thought you wouldn't see him at all, yet here was Inui, standing at your doorstep in all his glory.

"Inui-kun..." That was all you could get out as you stared at the blond in disbelief. And awe. You were also admiring the boy. Unlike all the other times you've seen him, Inui was in casual attire, wearing a simple grey t-shirt underneath a cardigan. He paired it off with casual jeans. You tried your best to not stare too hard and kept your gaze on the boy's face. "What're you doing here?"

Inui looked a bit troubled as he stood at your doorstep. He looked over to the side as he placed a pale hand to the nape of his neck. Raising a brow, you crossed your arms and waited for the boy to speak.

Ever since the Christmas incident, your midnight meetings with Inui stopped. You just didn't know how to face him after he helped beat up your friends. You avoided him.

Little did you know that Inui always went back to the park you always met up, waiting for you. But you never came.

Eventually, the boy just decided to come to you himself. But now that he was standing in front of you, he didn't know what to say. Why did he even want to talk to you? What did he want to say to you? Everything he wanted to say vanished from his mind.

"Hey." Was all he could get out, still puzzled as to what to say in front of you. Inui finally got the courage to look you in your eyes, "Can we talk?"

~

"Here." You handed Inui a cup of hot chocolate as you joined him on the balcony. You copied the way he leaned on the railing and looked up at the stars.

"Thanks." He muttered when he took the cup from you.

There was an awkward silence between the two of you. Inui glanced over at you and noticed the silver bracelet that hung on your wrist. "That's a nice bracelet."

You took a sip of your beverage. "Thanks. Hajime-kun got it for me for Christmas, although you probably already knew that."

Inui nodded his head, "Yeah, he dragged me to the mall for a day to buy it." Another awkward silence. "Uhm, how are your injuries."

"Not as bad as my friends."

"Right, sorry."

You sighed at his words, "No, I'm sorry, that was unnecessarily rude of me." Turning your head, you finally looked towards Inui who had a frown on his face. "I'm just... I don't know how to feel about you right now. You nor Hajime-kun."

Inui nodded his head. "I understand."

"I mean, I really enjoy being around you." You continued, "I love meeting up with you at night to talk about our day. Do you know the great sense of relief those talks provided me?"

"They were a breath of fresh air for me too." Inui agreed as he looked down at you.

"And I always knew you were part of a gang." You sighed, shutting your eyes. "At this point, it seems everyone I'm affiliated with is part of some sort of gang." Your lips trembled as your hands gripped around your mug tighter. "I just didn't expect to find out that people I care about hurt each other. Especially to the extent you guys did to Takemichi-kun and the others!"