One

*Ella Montgomery*

Releasing an annoyed sigh as the annoying sound of my alarm went off, I clenched my eyes shut in hopes of this just being a dream and that it wasn't time to get up for the start of my college classes.

Sadly, it was.

Groaning, I tapped the button of my alarm officially shutting the blaring contraption up. Peeling back my covers I sat on the edge of my bed stretching my tired limbs.

Summer break was over, it was officially time to go back to college. I only had a few months left before graduation where I would be set to take over my father's industry, studying business.

My father came from wealth and in the end he built himself even more wealth, a legacy in his industry. My father and I had our... differences. We weren't exactly close but I knew it wasn't his fault, he was raised that way and after my mother died we became distant.

He is a good person, does many things for me so I can succeed but sometimes I just wish we could have that normal parent and daughter relationship.

I could never blame him though, he tried his best to be there for me after mom had died, I knew it was just as hard for him as it was for me.

Though my father is well known I try to make sure that I am not, I didn't need distraction from other people at the college, I didn't want to stand out it isn't something I strive for - I would rather blend in.

I moved states away from my home town to attend college, I made sure I thrived in school just to get the opportunity. Luckily it had worked and for the past two years I have been attending WSU - Washington State University.

Washington state was a beautiful place despite the rain. I wanted to explore, to get away from my stressful life in my hometown in New York. I wanted to venture out and see other opportunities. I had made a life for myself here.

I didn't want to attend college in New York. That was not the dream I had.

My father had no issue with it, he had made sure I was well set up in a flat of my own near the campus providing me with everything I would need.

Sighing, I stand to my feet starting my morning routine as I strip from my pajamas that only consisted of a large shirt as I made my way to my bathroom.

Once I was down showering and refreshing my personal hygiene, including brushing my teeth. I moved to my closet picking out a pair of white comfortable pair of joggers with a light pink long sleeved crop top seeing as Washington state was mostly drowsy, but I love it nonetheless.

Glancing at my clock to see the time, I was happy to know that I had enough time to stop at my cafe before heading to class.

Checking my bag I made sure I had my laptop including all my textbooks I would need for today.

Grabbing my keys I open my door exiting from my flat just in time to see my neighbor, Mabel Ruth. She is a kind elderly woman, sixty to be exact, I had grown quite fond of during my time here.

She is widowed, her husband had passed a few years ago. She also was maid for people, often times a nanny for other peoples children, she enjoyed her job and she always enjoyed the children the she babysat for.