Thirty Eight

*Ella Montgomery*

It had been weeks, a month to be exact since I had to end what Artemis and I had. He left, resigned from his job the next day, an email had been sent out.

I felt like I was just walking through life, watching the days pass by, and I was alone - again. Finally happy and it was crushed.

I had no idea where Artemis was, if he had left Washington. I saved his job, keeping this from coming out and the next day he was just gone.

I had no other incidents happen and I was sure the other person who was behind this was happy with themselves for ruining the only thing that had made me happy in years.

I had two months left now until I graduate, and graduation was around the corner. The only thought that came to mind is me hoping that he still wanted us, this, with me once I graduate.

I had asked Mabel where they had went after he resigned, but she had no idea, she was worried herself. Artemis had called her letting her know that they would be leaving and had left it at that.

Walking into the small cafe, Darcy immediately met my eyes and gave me a light smile, one I couldn't return, so I just gave her a tight lipped smile.

"What's wrong, sweetly?," She sighed, frowning, "You haven't been the same sweet girl I know this past month."

"Nothing," I mumbled, my lips setting into a grim line to stop them from trembling, knowing I would break into tears.

She gave me a weary look before making my coffee, her eyes glancing at me every moment. She put the coffee on the counter, sliding it to me.

"Thank you," I sighed, handing her the cash as I picked up my coffee.

Turning around, I frowned my skin pricking with goosebumps and I couldn't help the feeling that I felt like I was being watched.

Looking around the small cafe I saw nothing suspicious, shrugging the feeling off I left the cafe.

Getting into my car I make my way home, it was Sunday and I had no classes. Once I arrived at my building, I parked my car and grabbed my coffee before I stepped out.

I had no desire to do anything lately except hide in the comfort of my own flat.

For the past month I managed to find to time to draw again, to paint, seeing as all I did was stay in my flat unless it was absolutely necessary for me to go out.

Walking into the building, I sighed, my mood instantly turning gloomy.

Digging for my keys in my purse, I pulled them out walking towards my door but stopping upon seeing who stood there waiting for me. My heart hammered in my chest, doing summersaults, and my stomach churned and fluttered with non-existent butterflies.

"Artemis," I breathed, my voice low and almost in a whisper form as I blinked my eyes thinking I was daydreaming.

"Preziosa," He husked, his voice thick and his eyes traveled up and down my body.

He still looked the same, only his stubble had grown out into a perfectly well trimmed slight beard. His hair had grown longer, fallen pieces of his dark hair dangled and laid neatly against his forehead, showing his obvious curls that I had no idea that he had.