Twenty

*Ella Montgomery*

Three weeks had passed by, gone in a blink of an eye and it was now Christmas break, having off Christmas until after New Years.

In these past three weeks I had spent all my free time with Artemis and Athena, mostly always at their house. I had a week before Christmas, already having bought Artemis and Athena's gifts.

The situation with Athena at school had yet to be handled, the principal had not been there, he had took an early vacation - I was angry to say the least. I would still handle it after the break, of course.

For the first time in a long time I was excited for Christmas because I had them. I hated how secretive we have had to keep our relationship, whatever this was, but I knew it was beyond necessary and I was okay with that as long as nothing would happen to him.

I would be staying with Artemis and Athena at their home for the entire week until after Christmas, I had to come back home eventually.

It had been the last day of classes and I was now sitting in Artemis's office while we hurried to finish his papers. It was almost hard to concentrate to even attempt to finish the papers as he sat there but I prevailed.

My phone went off, ringing loudly and both our heads snapped up frowning as Artemis raised an eyebrow. Quickly laying the papers aside I grabbed my bag, pilfering through it until I found my phone.

Father.

With a defeated sigh I answered the phone cal, putting the phone to my ear, glancing at Artemis silently telling him to be quiet to which he nodded with a confused expression.

"Pumpkin," My father's thick voice came through the line, greeting me.

"Father," I greeted back, holding in a sigh knowing that this phone call would end with me in tears.

"Listen, El, sweetheart," He started, "I am going to need you to come down a couple of days before New Years Eve."

I stood, glancing at Artemis who was looking at me with concern. I shook my head, silently telling him I was okay as I exited from his office.

"Why?," I asked, confused myself as to why he needed me down there.

"The contracts are prepared," He sighed, "They need your signature. We are preparing for after your graduation, for when the company will be in your name."

"I will be there," I informed him, sighing to myself.

"Good to hear," He replied, "Paxton will be there to make sure and go over everything with you," He mentioned, "I will inform my pilot. He will fetch you... let's say... the twenty-seventh," He confirmed.

I frowned, upset and my good day now ruined. This all felt too real at the moment. The days were closing in and I was almost down to four months left before I had to take over my father's empire. I was dreading this.

"That sounds good father," I faked being happy although I was sad, "I'll be there. Bye."

"Wait," He cleared his throat, "The man I had chose for you will be there. I would like if you could get to know him. Allowing to take you to lunch in case you have to marry him in three years," He informed.