Nine

*Artemis Mariano*

I felt like someone laid cinder blocks on my chest when I saw her crying, running out of my office. I was worried I was the one to push her into crying. I thought I had made the sweet innocent girl cry, it almost broke me thinking that I did.

I was wrong, so wrong.

This small girl who smiles, so pure and innocent was hiding behind those smiles and inside she was broken.

Her father.

I wanted nothing more than to beat the shit out of her father. Ella was kind, she did not deserve to feel like this. I hated seeing her cry, it angered me and I wanted to beat the hell out of anyone who made her shed a tear.

I know it is deeper than just holiday's, much deeper than that but I didn't want to push her when she was already crying, she looked so broken and I hated it.

We sat in complete silence in my car with her still straddling my lap. I traced small circles on her back, running my fingers through her hair as she sobbed quietly.

After a while, he sobs and sniffles stopped but she still laid on my chest holding onto me like I was her safe haven. I didn't mind it all, I liked that she found safety and comfort in me.

She finally lifted her head up but I just wanted to push it back down and hold her for a moment longer. She placed her hands softly on my chest, her eyes red and puffy.

"Ella, spend thanksgiving with Athena and I," I blurted out, "We would love to have you," I offered a small smile.

"No, I don't want to intrude," She declined, shaking her head, "I don't want any pity, Artemis."

I sighed, tucking her hair behind her ear and twisting the soft lock around my finger.

"No pity, Ella," I shook my head, "Athena has been asking to see you," I stated truthfully, "Stay the break at my home. I have a guest room, hm."

"Artemis-," I stopped her from even trying to decline, cutting her off.

"I'm not taking no for an answer, Ella," I demanded, "Go pack what you need. I will wait here."

She sighed, giving me a small nod reaching over to grab her bag. I opened my door for her, allowing her to step out and slide of my lap.

I released a breath fixing my seat back into place. I was nervous, terrified that I would not be able to contain myself. She was so tempting, it was getting harder to contain. I wanted to make her mine, more then just sexual.

For three days she would be waking around my house. For three days I would see her, be close to her. For three days I would be nothing but tempted to finally claim her lips.

In my office I wanted to do just that, I want her to feel what I feel.

After a few more minutes Ella came out of her building with a small overnight bag. I gave her a soft smile as she slid in, placing her bag in the back seat. Her eyes were still puffy and held so much sadness but she did nothing but giving me a soft smile in return.

The car ride was silent but comfortable with soft music from the radio playing. She watched out the window looking at everything we passed by. My eyes would dart between the road and her wanting to catch a glimpse of her beauty every second that I could.