Twenty Five

*Artemis Mariano*

"So, Artemis," Her father cleared his throat, I raised my eyebrows in surprise, "How did you meet my daughter?"

"At her favorite cafe in Washington," I stated for a second time, cutting the fish.

Her father hummed, taking a sip of his wine. Ella squeezed my thigh, smiling at me, her pretty doe eyes causing my heart to stutter.

"May I ask how old you are?," He inquired, clearly seeing that I was older than his daughter.

I wasn't nervous, I knew questions like this was bound to happen. Ella, however, looked worried, like her father wouldn't accept me with my hefty age gap.

"Of course," I nodded, sipping the water I was provided with, "Thirty-Two."

He didn't look surprised, probably was already expecting an age close to that.

"I see," Her father hummed, "What is it that you do?," He quizzed.

"I teach Business Economics," I stated, "In fact my father owned a few businesses in Italy. I was raised to learn business, same as Ella," I stated truthfully.

Ella looked confused, her eyebrows furrowed at this new information I provided. I was going to have to tell her eventually, I knew I would, but it was just a part of my past I hated to talk about or share.

Her father, Arnold, look pleased a light smile formed on his lips. He glanced at Ella who gave him a bright smile, her father nodding his head before looking back to me.

"I see," He nodded, "That's pleasing to hear," He took a sip of his wine, "I hope you understand that Ella is my only child, my daughter. I don't want no harm to come to her," He stated seriously, narrowing his eyes.

Ella sighed, rolling her eyes as she look a sip of her water, looking at her father blankly and I had to hold in a chuckle at her reaction.

"I agree. That is not my intention with her," I said seriously, "No harm, I intend to marry her. You shaped a beautiful and intelligent woman, I was just lucky enough to run into her," I smiled, "I understand she will be taking over the business. I had built a new life in Washington but I would move across the country for her."

I meant every word, Ella doesn't understand the lengths I would go for her and I only knew her a short few months.

We haven't even shared an 'I love you' yet, although I know we weren't there but shit, she already had me on my knees and seeing all kinds of shit in the future with her.

I wanted to protect and prosper the sweet small innocent girl. I wanted to share a life with her, fuck, I see it all with her.

Arnold's eyebrows raised in surprise as he sat back in his chair rubbing his chin, retaining everything I had just told him.

"Follow me to my office, Artemis," Her father laid his napkin down, standing from his chair.

I did the same, standing from my chair as I laid the napkin down. Looking down at Ella she was biting her lip, clearly worried. Her beautiful doe eyes looked up me and I just gave her a soft smile with a nod of my head, letting her know it was okay.