Twenty Two

*Ella Montgomery*

Artemis raised an eyebrow, confused as I stood from the couch going to collect his gift I had hid behind the tree. Sitting back down in his lap, I handed him the medium sized rectangular box.

"Preziosa, you-," He started, taking the gift slowly from my hand but I cut him off, giving him a sharp look, "Thank you, Luce Del Sole," He chuckled, smiling.

"I didn't know we were getting each other many gifts," I chuckled nervously.

I felt awful that he had gifted me with so many things and I had only got him one, I wasn't even expecting anything from him. I got Athena and him gifts because they both meant something to me - deeply.

"I will love it, Preziosa," He smiled, gripping my jaw as he placed a delicate kiss on my lips.

He unwrapped the wrapper, seeing the velvet box and slowly snapped it open. I had gifted him with a handcrafted ring, seeing as most of his fingers had one on them.

It was a silver ring that had the goddess Athena on it, and on the band was her name, printed neatly in cursive.

His head snapped up to me and before I could speak a single word, he gripped the back of my neck and his lips came in contact with my own with a fierce kiss.

I gasped softly at the intensity, finding his chance as his tongue smoothly slid into my mouth colliding with my own, dancing with each other. The kiss was demanding, dominating, and I felt like my heart was beating outside of my chest.

It felt like ecstasy, an erotic pleasure every time he kissed me, and every time my heart was beating rapidly.

His lips moved wildly over mine, grunting lowly and I moaned into the kiss, shuddering from the pleasing noises his deep voice would make.

We pulled away, panting heavily and my cheeks heated wildly. A small string of spit connected our lips as he pulled back. Taking the pad of his thumb he wipes it away, chuckling lowly with a small playful smirk.

"A true angel, Preziosa," He mumbled, smiling at me.

I rolled my eyes playfully, swatting at his arm. He chuckled, taking off the gold ring on his middle finger, tucking it into his pocket of his joggers before replacing it with the one I had gifted him with.

My heart fluttered, smiling as I saw how happy he was, his wide smile showing off his dimples as he admired the ring for a moment longer.

"I can guarantee, Luce Del Sole, that you will not have the same last name by the end of next year," He spoke so nonchalantly, a lingering smile on his lip as he fiddled with the ring.

My heart stopped and my eyes widened when I heard what he had said, shocked by his confession. My stomach churned, fluttering with joy. Whatever we had has only been going on for almost two months, but he sounded serious, determined even about this.

"You believe I would allow you to marry another man, hm?," He chuckled darkly, "Mi dispiace, Preziosa," He shrugged, shaking his head, "That will not be happening."

I was going to have a heart attack if he kept going, my mouth gaping in shock and my body felt like it was on fire ready to burst into flames at any moment with how much I was blushing, I knew I looked like a damn tomato.