Twenty Three

*Artemis Mariano*

It was the day Ella and I were headed to New York, already boarding the jet her father provided. I was nervous about leaving Athena, I had never been alone without her since the day she was born.

Athena on the other hand was not upset, excited actually, excited she would be spending a few days with Mrs. Ruth who also shared her excitement.

I made sure that they had everything they would need, stocking all of the fridge and cabinets with food, more food than probably necessary but I just wanted to make sure they had everything they needed.

I wasn't scared to meet Ella's father, not even close. I wasn't kicking when I told her she would be my wife.

Fuck it sounds so weird saying that - a wife. I never thought I would have that or have dreams of that happened for me, I just didn't think it was in the cards and I had to put Athena first.

But, fuck, let me tell you, when I look at Ella all I can fucking see is her being my wife, a mother to Athena, and the mother of our future children.

I was going to put her father in his place when it came to the arranged marriage even if it coasted him hating me, she was not going to have anyone's last name but mine.

I saw a whole fucking future with Ella.

I knew she was young, I was almost thirteen years older than her seeing as I was about to turn thirty-three soon. She still had her whole life ahead of her, a career waiting for her that came with a lot of baggage.

So kids did not have to be right away, no, I was willing to wait till she was ready until we both are, but she was still going to bare my last name - end of discussion.

Thinking of this I knew I would have to tell her about my past if I wanted to get to that point of her, but I was dreading it, I am not good on opening up.

I know she has questions, I can see it in her eyes but she is always respectful and doesn't ask and never pushes, I was forever grateful for that.

"Nervous?," Ella spoke up, placing her hand in mine, pulling me from my thoughts.

I chuckled, shaking my head as I brought her hand up and placing a gentle kiss on her knuckles.

"Not at all, Preziosa," I smiled, "In fact, I am quite excited to see where you grew up. Find more things out about you," I stated honestly.

"I think you will love it," She admitted, her cheeks slightly rosy with a blush.

I hummed, nodding my head and silently agreeing with her. She smiled widely, laying her head on my shoulder as we waited for the jet to take off.

This woman, this beautiful doe eyed blonde pretty girl had me fucking weak to my knees. My heart thudded in my chest every time I looked at her.

"Once we land we will check into the hotel," She stated, "Then we have to meet my father at the office where I will sign the papers before we go to dinner."

"Sounds good, Preziosa," I smiled, kissing the crown of her head.

***