Five

*Artemis Mariano*

Sitting in my office, my mind on a certain someone - Ella. I have no idea what or how she caught my attention, she has not left my mind for a fleeting moment since the second my eyes landed on her.

Her smile was infectious, so sweet and innocent, she radiated pure perfection. I couldn't help but smile at the thought of her.

Running my hand down my face, I sigh looking at the stack of work that I haven't even began to start. It was hard to concentrate on anything with her in my thoughts even when she is around.

I clench my eyes shut at the sound of my phone ringing, annoyed. Shifting through the papers on my desk, I find my phone buried in the stack.

Mrs. Ruth.

Pressing the answer button I put my phone to my ear.

"Mrs. Ruth, is everything okay?," I ask, concerned.

"No need to worry, dear, everything is okay," She confirmed, "I was informing you that I am at the park with Athena. If that's okay with you?" She asked softly.

I breathed out a long breath of relief, glad that nothing was wrong with Athena. Looking at my watch, I had an hour and a half before Ella would be here.

"Thank you, Mrs. Ruth, that sounds perfect," I confirmed, smiling, "Send me the location, I want to stop by before I have to come back to the office."

"Alright, dear," I could almost see her smile through the phone.

I hung up, standing from my chair and not a moment later Mrs. Ruth had messaged me the location of the park. I stood from my chair, leaving my office excited to see Athena's smile when I surprise her.

Arriving to the park, I park in an empty parking place, stepping out of my vehicle. I see Mrs. Ruth sitting on the bench looking out at the distance of the park, her eyes solely focused as she smiled.

"Mrs. Ruth," I greeted, giving her a light smile.

She turned around, beaming a bright smile showing off her white teeth and the few wrinkles that sported her face when she smiled.

"Mr. Mariano," She greeted, nodding, "I hope you don't mind that my neighbor is here, she is like a granddaughter to me. She loves children, she was dying to meet Athena."

I shook my head, giving her a light smile, "I don't mind, not at all."

My eyes searched for my daughter, immediately finding her running up the stairs to the slide but my eyes caught wind of a familiar dirty blonde who embedded my thoughts.

She was laughing, following Athena to the slide, giggling at something she had said as Athena tugged on her hand.

My heart swelled, something inside me stirred pulling at my heart strings as I watched this play out. She looked so care free, happy as she played with Athena.

Her smiles were always bright but this smile, this laugh had my heart banging against my rib cage, wanting to leap out of my chest.

My god she is beautiful.

Remember, you're her professor.