Twelve

*Ella Montgomery*

I did not sleep at all last night instead my mind kept repeating and rewinding what had almost happened between Artemis and I, over and over again.

I was at a loss that was for sure, I didn't know what to think. I wanted it to happen, I was willing to give away my first kiss to him and I was disappointed when it didn't get to happen.

At the same time I knew it was wrong, he is my professor and I am his student, it was unprofessional and forbidden. I cannot have any sort of relations with a professor, it would not only cost me by getting kicked out but it would cost him his job and probably his future jobs if it had happened.

Still, I couldn't stop thinking about it and I still wanted it to happen, badly.

Classes start back today and I was beyond nervous to see him again, I also have to still report to his office at three just like usual.

Sliding on something warm and comfortable, I put on my black skinny jeans and slid on my white sweater shirt before slipping on my light brown heel boots.

I grabbed my bag and keys, making sure I had everything that I needed before making my way out of my flat.

I would have to say I also hated being at my flat, it wasn't the same and I wished I could turn back time and still be at his house with him and Athena.

"Good morning, El," Mabel called out, smiling at me.

I chuckled, "Good morning Mabel," I greeted, "How was your thanksgiving?"

"Great, sweetheart," She beamed, nodding as we walked each other out, "I got to see the grandchildren."

"That's amazing, Mabel," I smiled, giving her a peck on the cheek.

I gave her a small wave as I rushed to my car before she could ask how my thanksgiving was, I knew my cheeks would light up red if she had asked and I knew she would tease me about it until I spilled.

Getting into my car, I quickly pulled out of the apartment building complex parking spot making my way to the cafe to collect Scarlet and I's coffees.

Arriving to the cafe, I walked in smiling at Darcy who already had my coffees waiting.

"Sugarplum!," Darcy greeted, beaming a wide smile.

She always has a new nickname but I never complain, I like them and they were sweet.

"Darcy," I greeted back, handing her over a twenty, "Keep the change. You are a life saver!"

"Have a good day, sweet girl!," She smiled, chuckling.

I made my leave wiggling my fingers slightly as they held onto the coffee to give her a small wave. Getting situated in my car I made my way towards the campus, parking in any spot that was available.

I was early by twenty minutes, I had been up most of the night and I didn't want to sit around in my bed any longer, trying to clear my racing thoughts of Artemis.

Walking to the quad Scarlet was there with Jameson this time, he has a different schedule then us, most of his classes are later in the evening where as Scarlet and I had morning classes until afternoon.