Epilouge One

*Artemis Mariano*

*Three months later*

Stepping out of my car, the parking lot of the college packed with people, loud with many voices as others rushed around excited to see their loved ones graduate today.

Opening the back door, I smiled at Athena as I helped her out of the car.

"Come on, Principessa," I chuckled, "Big day. Excited, yeah?," I asked softly, lifting her into my arms.

"Yeah, Papa!," She beamed, smiling brightly showing off her dimples.

I patted my suit pocket, feeling for the special gift, and sighing in relief that I had it, thanking the lord that I had not forgotten it at home.

Walking towards the field, the day nice and warm as I looked around trying to spot any familiar faces. A smile graced my lips as I walked towards Arnold who  caught my eyes, smiling once he spotted us.

Making our way over to him, Athena started wiggle in my arms, bouncing with excitement once she spotted Arnold, having become close with him over the past three months.

After the incident, Arnold made visits frequently to Washington, not wanting to miss out on anymore important things. His family became his first priority, he blamed himself for everything much like I did, wishing he would have been there more for Ella.

Mrs. Ruth along with Darcy from the coffee shop, and Eleanor who worked as Arnold's cook and who took care of Ella stood beside him as well.

"Nonno Arne!," Athena exclaimed, reaching out for Arnold.

Chuckling as he smiled widely, he took her into his arms, kissing her cheek as he gave her a tight hug.

"Artemis," He greeted me, chuckling before turning his attention to Athena, "How are you, butterfly?," He asked, taking his seat with her in his lap.

"I'm good," She nodded enthusiastically, carrying on a conversation with Arnold, taking my seat beside them.

Mrs. Ruth, Darcy, and Eleanor all greeted me with welcoming warm hugs, with proud smiles on their faces.

Everyone took their spot in their chairs as graduating students all started to walk in, filling their reserved chairs one by one. My eyes watched, looking for the one person that I haven't seen in a few hours, the one person who has my heart accelerating.

Finally my eyes spotted her and like instinct, she looked towards us, beaming brightly and my heart hammer in my chest seeing Ella in her cap and gown - she was finally graduating.

She sent a small wave, her eyes dancing with the utmost happiness and my heart swelled as she blew me a kiss, catching it with my hand and giving her a sly wink.

The once everyone was settled the Dean stood up, presenting the graduating class. Teachers talked, making speeches, until it was time, calling students after students to collect their degree.

"Ella Rose Montgomery," Her name was announced.

The moment her name was announced, we stood up, calling out her name and applauding her as she walked across the stage with grace, shaking hands and collecting the degree she worked so hard for - I was beyond proud of her, happy that after all we went through that she was here to receive it.