Twenty Six

*Ella Montgomery*

We had been in New York for a few days, tonight was out last night here before we had to go home tomorrow morning. It was New Year's Eve, I would be taking Artemis to watch the ball drop, something he never witnessed or experienced.

I had shown him all my favorite things I spent my time doing when I lived here, including the art gallery.

Being here with him was an experience that I would never trade. We often called and talked to Athena, and I found myself missing her relentlessly.

We were currently walking the streets of New York, the sun starting to fade and the streets crowded due to it being New Years Eve. Artemis didn't seem to mind, chuckling when he saw how crazy the people get on New Years Eve here in New York.

"I have an appointment here," I spoke up, stopping in front of the large jewelry shop that my father happened to own.

"At a jewelry store?," His eyebrows furrowed, glancing down at me he gave me a confused look, "And exactly why do you have an appointment here, hm?," He inquired.

My lips tugged into a wide smile, grabbing the handle of the door as I opened it. Looking over my shoulder at him, I giggled at his confused state.

"You seriously did not think that I wouldn't bring Athena and Mabel a gift back?," I raised an eyebrow, "Tsk, Tsk, darling, you were wrong," I tutted in a teasing tone.

Without waiting for his reply, I made my way into the store. A hand pressed into the small of my back and from the warmth that spread through me, I knew it was Artemis.

An elderly man came around the counter, smiling widely as he came to greet me, I knew the face anywhere seeing as I have came here quite a few times to have special pieces made for galleries I attended with my father.

"Ms. Montgomery," He greeted warmly, holding out his hand, his French accent smooth, "A pleasure to see you again."

I smiled, propping my sunglasses on my head giving him a nod as I extended my hand, shaking his.

"Sebastian," I greeted, dropping my hand from his.

His eyes fleeted over to Artemis who stood towering over the both of us with his broad hight.

"Sebastian, this is Artemis," I introduced, looking to Artemis, "Artemis, this is Sebastian. He made the silver ring you are wearing now," I smiled, "He personally made sure the ring was made and delivered to me on time," I chuckled.

Artemis smiled down at me, nodding as he pulled me closer before looking back to Sebastian.

"A pleasure to meet you," He extended his hand, which Sebastian took excitedly.

"Italian, accent is thick," Sebastian nodded in approval, glancing at me he gave a sly wink, "Let me see that ring, my boy," He demanded, putting his glasses on.

Artemis chuckled, shaking his head as he removed his hand from the small of my back and eagerly Sebastian took his wrist, smiling proudly at his work before releasing him and letting his glasses fall back around his neck.

"Let me take you to the back," Sebastian smiled, motioning with his hands for us to follow, "Everything is prepared. You can have a final look before I pack them."