The mudhorn

Mando and I stood and stared at the razor crest. Well, what was left of the razor crest. The Jawas had ransacked the ship, practically stripping it bare. There was no way that they would be able to fly it in that condition.

Parts of the ship were scattered all around the sandy ground. The place was now a mess.

Mando and I made their way inside to check the damage that they had done. I went straight over to the crate that held most of my personal belongings. I quickly riffled through the crate and sighed in relief when I realised that nothing had been taken. I'd hate to have to go and buy a new wardrobe. We did not have the money for that.

Mando pried open the door that held the weapons, electricity crackled as he forced it open. It was completely empty. The Jawas had stolen all of our weapons.

Mando was clearly angry, he slammed the doors closed and grunted in frustration.

There were wires hanging down from the ceiling, parts of the side of the ship had been stripped off, leaving it exposed to the outside. I huffed in frustration as I glanced around our ship.

Mando climbed up into the cockpit to try and start the ship, but the engines only spluttered, this ship was going nowhere.

Mando slid back down to the hill and walked over to his bed, he sat down and sighed deeply. Shaking his head in irritation. I quietly walked over to him and placed my hand gently on the pauldron that was on his shoulder, causing him to glance up at me.

"We'll fix this." I said, trying my best to sound reassuring.

Mando sighed again but he could reply he was interrupted by a small cooing.

Mando and I both glanced over to the ship's exit and stood on the ramp, was the child.

Mando sighed and stood up from his bed, he walked over and scooped up the child, walking back down the ramp to put him back In his floating pram again.

I took another glance around at the razor crest and sighed. This was going to be hard to fix. And who knows how long it will take them to get the parts back and put the ship back together again.

I stepped out of the razor crest and began to follow after Mando, who had clearly decided that they were going to go back to the ugnaughts house.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

We made it back to the ugnaught's house by the time the sun was setting. We have spent two days on this planet now. Far longer than we had planned to.

The ugnaught was up a pole, fixing something on top of his house. "I thought you were dead." He said to us without looking.

He then turned around to face us and took notice of the child. His expression changed quickly and he climbed down the pole. He clearly wasn't expecting the bounty to be a small child, just like us.

~~~~~~~~~~

The three of us, including the child, all stood around outside. The sun had now set in the sky, leaving them in the dark. The stars were starting to emerge from the darkness.

The child ran around as fast as his small legs could carry him. He was chasing after a frog that was hopping around on the ground.

The ugnaught gestured to the child in confusion. "This is what was causing all the fuss?"

"I think it's a child." Mando said

"It is better to deliver it alive then." The ugnaught said.

"My ship has been destroyed. I'm trapped here." Mando stated