You are everything to me

Daylight was beginning to creep over the horizon, casting a warm glow across the planet. It had only been an hour since the fight had ended, but it felt like it had been longer.

I sat on the forest floor with my legs crossed under me. My eyes were shut as I took in deep breaths. Ahsoka Tano sat across from me. Din had returned to the ship to check up on the child, we had left him there last night during the fight so he would be safe.

After all the chaos that had ensued last night, this moment felt peaceful. I felt my soul calming, my nervous system relaxing and my muscles easing. Whether that was due to the force or not, I do not know.

I cracked my eyes open and looked over at Ahsoka. She too had her eyes closed and her legs crossed. There was a question I had been wanting to ask her, but I didn't want to interrupt her meditation. I debated it for a moment before I decided to speak up.

"Ahsoka?" I asked gently, trying not to startle her.

"Yes?" She asked without even opening her eyes.

I almost stopped myself from asking the question, feeling like it seemed stupid. "How do you jump so high?"

Ahsoka's face broke out into an amused smile and she opened her eyes to look at me. "I use the force to project myself upwards. Jedi can also use the force to slow themselves down when falling from a high altitude...when I was a padawan, I used to jump out of gunships without a jetpack." She had hesitated before talking about her past, it must be understandably painful for her.

I raised my eyebrows in amazement. "Wow. That's amazing, isn't that scary?"

"Not when you know it won't hurt." Ahsoka replied with a kind smile.

I nodded in response as I thought about her words. Thinking about different ways I could test that out and learn to control my fall.

"Can I ask you a question?" Ahsoka asked, breaking me out of my slightly reckless thoughts

"Of course." I replied, giving her my full attention.

"What is your relationship with Din Djarin?" She asked, her gaze was curious and almost scrutinising. I fought to keep my expression neutral.

"We're...we're just friends. Why?" I asked, completely caught off guard. We are just friends, aren't we? Sure we technically look after a child together, but that didn't mean anything.

Ahsoka raised her brow, I could tell she didn't quite believe me. "Just friends don't share a Keldabe kiss."

"A what?" I asked in confusion

"You don't know?" Ahsoka asked in amusement

"What is it?" I asked again. Progressively getting more confused.

"In Mandalorian culture, mandalorians press their foreheads together as a sign of affection. And as a substitute for kissing. Hence the name." Ahsoka said in amusement

I sat there in a stunned silence as I took in the words. A mandalorian form of kissing. I had no idea. I mean, of course I didn't. All that I know about Mandalorian culture is what I've learned from Din. We've done that three times now and I didn't think too much about it. But now that I knew, it made sense. He can't remove his helmet, so how would he...kiss someone.

Ahsoka's lips twitched up slightly at my stunned silence. She was watching me for my reaction but I hardly took notice. It felt like an electric shock tingled down my spine and butterflies erupted in my stomach when it finally set it. That Din was doing this part of Mandalorian culture with me. The burning question I had right now was why? Did he feel the same way I did?