Anxious Astromech

I stared out the cockpit window in awe as we approached a vast ocean from above. The planet Kalevala was covered in a gray blanket of cloud and fog, matching the dark colour of the ocean. Din gripped the steering with both hands as we descended towards the land below.

"This is Kalevala. It's another planet in the Mandalorian system. And that is a Mandalorian castle." Din Said to Grogu. I looked out the window and saw a large, steel gray castle that stood tall at the edge of a cliff.

The ship grew closer and closer to the large castle. I scanned the building with wide eyes, it was extravagant to say the least. I hadn't even known that there were any Mandalorian castles to begin with.

The rain hammered on the window as we lowered down onto the landing bay. I shuffled in my seat as we gently touched down on the silver platform, preparing myself to exit the ship. I looked to my right and saw a blue droid staring directly at us.

The glass canopy above us slid open and the rain immediately started to fall on my head. I flinched slightly at the freezing temperature of the water and put my hand on the side of the ship. I tightened my grip on the side of the ship and pulled myself up. I swung my legs over the side and jumped down onto the ground. My boots slid slightly as my feet hit the ground. The rain had made the shiny metal extremely slippery.

Din hopped down from the ship and landed on the ground beside me. I turned my head to look at him for a moment before I faced forward again. Din placed his hand on my upper arm for a moment before he dropped his arm and started to walk towards the droid. My lips twitched up slightly as I started to walk alongside him. Grogu was floating beside me in his pram, having exited the ship as well.

Thunder rumbled in the distance as we climbed up the stone stairs towards the droid. I glanced over at the droid, wondering if it was going to try and stop us. But we just walked straight past it. The three of us made it up the stairs and through the open door.

I gazed around in amazement as we entered the Mandalorian castle. The room we had entered was long and it sported the same gray as the outside did. There were large pillars lining each side of the long room. They towered above us in an almost intimidating way. There was a long blue banner hanging from each pillar and in between each pillar was a long window. 

I looked straight ahead and saw a throne situated at the end of the room. Bo-Katan Kyrze was lounging across the large chair in a strange fashion. Her leg was thrown up on the arm rest.

"Bo-Katan. It is Din Djarin. I am here to join you." Din announced himself. Bo-Katan shifted her gaze from Din to me. Her eyes trailed down my form and landed on the sabers that rested by my side. Her brow raised slightly but she didn't say anything. 

"There's nothing left to join." Bo-Katan stated

"What of your plans to retake Mandalore?" Din asked

"When I returned without the darksaber, my forces melted away." Bo-Katan said. I could hear the defeat in her voice and I couldn't help but feel bad for her.

"Where is the stolen fleet?" Din asked her

"Making their way through the galaxy as mercenaries. Do you still have the saber?" Bo-Katan asked

"I do." Din answered hesitantly

"Then you lead them. Wave that thing around and they'll do whatever you say." Bo-Katan stated 

"So you gave up your designs to retake Mandalore?" Din asked her

"Your cult gave up on Mandalore long before the purge. Where were you then? The children of the watch and all the factions that came before fractured and shattered out people. Go home. There's nothing left." Bo-Katan stated bitterly.
"I am going to Mandalore so that I may bathe in the living waters and be forgiven for my transgressions." Din said