The Krayt Dragon

The twin suns shone brightly overhead as the caravan of Banthas slowly came to a stop. I looked over Din's shoulder at the gapping, black hole that was carved into the face of the mountain. A shiver ran down my spine at the sight of it. I really hope this mission goes well and that we manage to kill the dragon.

Once we came to a stop, the group of villagers and Tuskens got to work, they all moved quickly as they prepared the surrounding area for the oncoming battle. Everyone knew what the plan was and what role they were to play.

I swung my leg over the back of the speeder bike and stretched my back slightly, it had taken a much longer time to get here than it did the last time considering we had to travel at the speed of the Banthas.

I walked over to one of the large animals and took one of the explosives from the hands of a Tusken. I turned around to find a villager waiting with open arms for the cylindrical weapon. I passed it over to him with a small smile. He nodded In my direction and walked away with the weapon in his grasp.

"Are you ready for this?" Din's modulated voice said from behind me. I turned on my heels and gave him a smile that didn't quite reach my eyes due to my nerves.

"Yeah. I'm ready." I said with a small amount of confidence. Even I could tell that It didn't sound believable.

Din nodded to me and gestured for me to walk with him. The two of us walked side by side across the sandy terrain until we got to the edge of the cliff that overlooked the cave.

The villagers, Tuskens and Cobb Vanth came to stand alongside us as we watched a singular Tusken bravely walk towards the mouth of the cave.

The back of my hand brushed against Din's gloved one accidentally, I pulled back but my fingers twitched slightly, feeling a strange need to take his hand in mine for comfort.

The Tusken lowered to the ground and placed his hand on the sand. He was feeling for the vibrations of the dragon.

After a moment, the Tusken stood up and turned towards us, he called out to them in his own language. I'm really starting to think I need to get language lessons from Din.

"What'd he say?" Cobb Vanth asked

"He says it's sleeping. If we listen carefully, we can hear it breathing." Din translated.

I listened intently for a moment and held my breath. After a moment, my ears picked up on the noise. The soft breathing of a massive animal underneath the sand.

One of the Tuskens spoke to Cobb Vanth, he leant over and handed him one of their water supply rocks. Cobb Vanth took it in his hand and grimaced down at it before he sighed and took a swig of it. I smiled gently before I reverted my eyes back to the cave.

"Let's get to work." Din said

I nodded subtly as the villagers and the Tuskens all began to get prepared for the fight ahead.

I turned to Din, who was already looking in my direction, and gave him a small smile. Din nodded his head once to me in acknowledgement.

He then turned away from me and looked out to the villagers and Tuskens who were hammering weaponry into the ground.

"The Tuskens say the belly is the only weak spot, so we have to hit it from below. First, we bury the charges at the opening of the cave. Then, we wake it up." Din explained the plan again as we watched the people set up the plan.

"We have to get it angry enough to charge. Once it's far enough out and the belly is above the explosives. You hit the detonator." Din explained.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~