Bo-Katan

The moon shone brightly in the night sky. I looked up at it with an almost childlike wonder. Walking backwards slowly to keep my eyes trained on the large rock that orbited around trask.

Din was walking slightly ahead of me with the child in his arms. I took notice of the fact that he had slowed down so he didn't walk too far ahead of me.

"How many moons have you seen before?" Din asked me in amusement. He stopped walking to turn and face me.

I reluctantly pulled my eyes away from the bright moon and looked at him. His helmet was tilted slightly. It passed through my mind that it made him look cute, but I quickly pushed it down and chastised myself.

"It doesn't matter how many I've seen. Moons are always pretty to look at." I mused with a smile.

Din chuckled and shook his head at my antics. I took a few steps forward so I was standing beside him again. Din and I then began to walk across the wooden dock once again. Large crates surrounded our position and warm lamp posts glowed softly.

"Hey! You..." a man called out from the shadows. When he emerged, I realised he looked very similar to the men on the boat who had tried to kill us.

Din and I stopped walking. I immediately became tense and my fingers twitched at my side. Itching to reach over to the handle of my blaster.

"You killed my brother." The man stated as he walked closer to us, I took notice of the long pole in his hand. Well, Kriff.

Two more men appeared from the shadows. They were also carrying weapons. The threat was obvious and Imminent.

"Let us pass." Din stated firmly.

The man chuckled at Din's request. "I don't think you understand."

Another man appeared from behind a crate. He held a long blaster in his hands that was aimed directly at us. I shifted uneasily on my feet.

"You killed my brother and now I'm gonna kill your pet. And your girl." The man leered as he slowly stepped closer to us. My heart jolted slightly as I slowly reached towards my blaster.

The loud, familiar sound of jet packs blasted from above us. Three mandalorians descended upon the darkened boating dock and stood behind us. I felt emboldened while standing with four Mandalorian's. But I also felt slightly out of place.

"He didn't kill your brother. I did." Bo-Katan stepped up beside me.

The three mandalorians quickly drew their blasters and fired upon the men. I quickly grabbed a hold of my own. The cool metal was a comforting sensation. I raised my blaster as did Din. Though neither of us even had to fire. The men fell to the ground with smoking blaster shots.

Bo-Katan then turned to look at Din. "Can we at least buy you a drink?"

I looked between the two of them. Clearly she wasn't going to give up on talking to Din. There was obviously something that she wanted, the only question was what?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We were back in the inn once again. I was sitting on a wooden seat at a circular table. There was a drink sitting in front of me that I had hardly touched. Along with several drinks, there were also three mandalorian helmets perched upon the wooden table.

My shoulder was brushing up against Din's pauldron. The beskar was all that separated us, as it always was. The child was sitting on my other side in a high chair.

"Trask is a black market port. They're staging weapons that have been bought and sold with the plunders of our planet." Bo-Katan said. I felt my heart break for them, it must be awful to see that type of thing happen to your home and your culture. I had never had that type of connection to my home planet. Sure, I loved it, but not like the mandalorians love Mandalore.