The rescue

Blue swirls of light flashed past my eyes as I stood in the cockpit of an imperial shuttle. I hope that once this mission is over I'll stop having to pretend to be an imperial officer. If I have to see the interior of an imperial ship or base one more time I will scream.

"Moff Gideon is mine. Got it?" Bo-Katan asked

"He's ex-ISB. He's got a lot of information. I need him alive." Cara said

"I don't care what happens to him as long as he surrenders to me." Bo-Katan replied

"Prepare to exit jump space." Boba said over the comms.

"Copy that. Get the hell out of there as soon as they clear us to dock. And your shots have to look convincing." Bo-Katan said

"Power up those shields, princess. I'll put on a good show." Boba Fett said

"Watch out for those deck cannons." Bo-Katan said

"Don't worry about me. Just be careful in there." Boba replied, he was really starting to grow on me.

"Existing hyperspace in three, two, one..." Koska counted us down. Once she got to one she pulled us out of hyperspace and the first thing I saw out the cockpit window was a large imperial light cruiser.

I could hear Boba Fett firing at us from behind, though none of the shots had made contact with our shuttle. I closed my eyes and took in a deep breath, reaching out for the child with the force to the best of my abilities.

"He's here. I can feel him." I said to Din. He turned his head to me and nodded.

"You can feel him?" Koska asked in confusion as she steered the ship.

"It's...it's a Jedi thing." I said hesitantly

"You're a Jedi?" Fennec asked in confusion

"Technically no. It's complicated." I replied

"Focus please." Bo-Katan said as she turned on the comms.

"This is lambda shuttle, two-seven-four-three. Requesting emergency docking." Bo-Katan said as the ship continued to swerve from left to right. My hand shot out and I grasped onto Din's arm to try to steady myself.

"We are under attack. Repeat, requesting emergency docking." Bo-Katan repeated

"Copy, Lambda shuttle. Request received." A female officer said over the comms

"Stay clear of the launch tube. Deploying fighter squadron." The woman added. I felt myself tense up, that was where we were supposed to be landing. 

A TIE fighter shot out from within the light cruiser and headed straight for us. I couldn't help the way my heart leapt in my chest at the sight. We swerved sharply and I leant up against Din to stop myself from toppling over. His arm wrapped around my waist automatically to keep us both steady.

"Request denied! Please clear the launch tube until fighters deploy!" The woman said over the comms

"Negative! Negative! We are under attack!" Bo-Katan replied as another TIE fighter flew past us.

We were getting closer and closer to the entrance of the launch bay. I could hear the loud blaster fire behind us from both Boba Fett and the TIE fighters.

We approached the entrance and began to fly into the light cruiser. My heart was beating aggressively in my chest as we got closer and closer.

"Hang on!" Bo-Katan yelled to us as we attempted to land. I grunted as the ship crashed into the side of the launch tube. Din tightened his grip on my waist as he leant up against the wall.