Ad'ika

I grunted as my side made contact with the solid ground. I was quick to roll over and push myself up onto my feet. The sand clouded around my feet as I looked up at the massive droid that had come a little too close to blasting us into oblivion.

Din grabbed my arm and pulled me behind what was left of the large speeder. My heart was beating heavily in my chest due to the adrenaline running through my system.

I noticed that the droid had turned around, it started to shoot at the townsfolk who were trying to run away. Din tightened his grip on his blaster and brought it up to his chest.

"Ready?" He asked me

"Always." I replied with a sharp nod, a gesture that he returned.

The two of us strode out from behind the wreckage together. I stood by his side as he raised his blaster up towards the force field. Din shot at it several times, only halting when it began to turn around to face us.

"Well, we've got its attention." I said to him as we quickly took off running.

The droid's mechanics clanged and clicked harshly behind us, sending a shiver down my spine. A blaster bolt flew past me and hit the ground beside me. Din grabbed my arm to pull me away from the line of fire.

The two of us zigzagged through the streets of Mos Espa. Trying to avoid getting shot while keeping the droid distracted. If I could only get a moment to stop running, I could use the force and take it down.

We ran past a couple of crates when a massive explosion went off behind us. I ducked down beside Din and covered my head with my hand. We only stayed down for a second before we were back on our feet again, we ran round a corner and it gave us a few moments of shelter.

Suddenly, a buggy that was being pulled by a droid came speeding around the corner. When my eyes landed on the woman who was riding in it, my heart dropped in my chest.

"Mando! Celeste! Ha! We found you!" Peli called out happily. The vehicle slowed down in front of us and Peli smiled brightly.

"I got a surprise for you." Peli said happily. My heart dropped even further in my chest. Did she take Grogu here?

"Peli! What the hell are you doing here?" I yelled at her.

"Turn around!" Din yelled

"What?" Peli asked

"Turn around!" Din repeated loudly

"Can't hear you!" Peli replied. Suddenly the large droid came crashing round the corner. Din started to shoot at the droid's shield again.

"Turn around!" Peli screamed at the droid who was driving. The vehicle sharply spun around to turn the other way. The vehicle started to speed up, I glanced over at Din and he nodded to me. The two of us deciding what to do without words.

We spun around and ran as fast as we could, grabbing onto the back of the buggy just as it flew around the corner. My hand clutched tightly to the back of the buggy as we sped down the street. My breathing was sharp and heavy as my heart beat rapidly in my chest.

"Can this thing go any faster?" Din called out to Peli.

"Go faster, you bucket of bolts!" Peli yelled at the droid. She threw a spanner at the back of its head to try and encourage it. The droid sped up and it swung rapidly from side to side. It clearly wasn't built for this kind of speed.

"Hey, Peli! Where the hell is he?" I called out to her.

"He's fine, he's right here!" Peli said as she pulled back the blanket on the chair next to her. I looked down and saw Grogu staring up at me. Though his gaze quickly locked onto Din.