The covert

The dusty plains of the planet below flew past as the N-1 shot towards the Mandalorian covert. It came as no surprise that Din took us here, it was probably one of the safest places for us right now with the Empire on our trail once again.

"I'm bringing you to a Mandalorian covert. This is how we have survived in exile." Din said over the comms

"I'm familiar." Bo-Katan said

"It's a secret location and you are my guest." Din explained.

"They still live by the old ways." Bo-Katan asked rhetorically

"Yes. It will go smoother if you keep your helmet on. Trust me." Din stated

"Of course." Bo-Katan scoffed

My hand gently rested against Din's thigh as the N-1 lowered down to the ground. My eyes scanned the familiar location, taking note of the large cave entrance on the side of the mountain where the Mandalorian covert resided. Nervousness suddenly ran through my veins as I recalled our last visit. The other Mandalorians who I didn't know weren't all that fond of me.

They were untrusting of me because in their eyes I was a stranger and an outcast. I know that their discomfort around me won't go away until I marry Din, but I don't know when that will be, so for now I will have to settle for the untrusting gazes that they will send me.

The glass canopy above us slid open just as Paz Vizsla walked out of the cave entrance. I pulled myself up onto my feet as I grabbed onto the side of the ship. I swung my legs over and landed softly on the sandy ground below. Bo-Katan had exited her ship with Grogu in tow. Seeing him gave me a small amount of relief, he seemed unharmed after the fight with the empire.

Din hopped down on the sand beside me and we walked across the sand to join up with Bo and Grogu. I looked down at him as I came to stand beside his pram. Grogu looked up at me and cooed happily which caused me to smile softly in response.

More Mandalorians started to exit the cave, they stood behind Paz with weapons in their hands, watching the four of us walk towards them. At least this time I wouldn't be alone with being an outcast, Bo-Katan is not going to receive a warm welcome either.

"Come no further. You are an apostate, Din Djarin." Paz Vizsla stated firmly, causing us to stop in our tracks.

"No longer. I have been to the mines of Mandalore." Din explained

"Impossible. The mines collapsed in the purge. The planet is cursed." Paz argued

"These are lies meant to keep us in exile." Din stated

"How do we know that it is not you who is lying?" Paz asked with uncertainty

"He speaks the truth. The Jedi and I were witnesses." Bo-Katan spoke up

"And who are you, nite owl?" Paz asked her.

Bo-Katan took a step forward as she answered. "I am Bo-Katan of Clan Kryze."

"Your house has fallen from the way. You are both apostates. And the word of the Jedi means nothing. She is an outsider and she is not Mandalorian." Paz stated

"We have been to the living waters. And she is not an outsider." Din stated. I glanced over at him from the corner of my eye, grateful that he had stood up for me.

Din then reached into his belt and pulled out the small flask that held water from the living waters. "I bring proof."

"We shall see." Paz said with a tilt of his head. He clearly didn't believe Din, but it was the truth. Paz then stood back slightly to allow us to pass. Din very quickly started to march forward towards the entrance of the cave. I kept close to his side as the other Mandalorians stared at me with an intense, untrusting look. Luckily their gazes were quickly pulled to Bo-Katan who walked just behind us.