Nevarro

The Razor crest felt unusually crowded. On one side of the hull, there was a roped off section where three blurrgs resided. Kuiil was busy looking after them and sat at a table facing each other was Mando and Cara, who were in the middle of an arm wrestling competition.

The child curiously tilted his head at the two of them as they grunted and strained from the pressure. I don't think the ship has ever been this crowded, even when we had Ran's crew with them, but at least this company was better than that.

"I got you, Mando." Cara said to him

"Care to double the bet?" Mando said

I smiled as I watched the two of them playfully insult each other, but my smile quickly dropped when I felt a familiar pull from the child. I whipped my head around and looked at the child as he raised his hand up towards Cara and Mando.

Before I could do anything, Cara began to choke, she grabbed onto her throat with both of her hands as she struggled to breath.

My thoughts ran quickly as I tried to think of what to do.

"Hey, no, stop!" I stepped forward and picked the child up, causing him to lose his concentration. Cara gasped for air as the tight force disappeared.

Mando then stood up and took the child from my arms. "No, We're friends, we're friends, Cara is my friend!"

"That is not okay!" Cara shouted

"Hmm. Very curious." Kuiil said

"Curious? It almost killed me!" Cara said indignantly

"The story you told me of the mudhorn now makes more sense." Kuiil said

"What is it?" Mando asked him

"What it is, I don't know. But what it does, this...This I've heard rumours of." Kuiil said

"What? When you worked for the Empire?" Cara asked angrily

"When I was sold to the Empire, in indentured servitude." Kuiil corrected her

"Yet somehow, you walk free." Cara said

"I bought my freedom through the skill of my hands and the labor of three of your human lifetimes. Do not cast doubt upon that of what I am not whom I shall serve." Kuiil argued. The annoyance in his voice activated IG-11 to come stand with him.

"Tell you what. I could really use your craftwork right now." Mando said as he placed the child in his pram again. He was trying to defuse the arguement.

"Can you pad this container so the child can sleep better?" Mando asked him

"I shall fabricate a better one. Then perhaps this dropper can see how one can win their freedom with the skill of one's hands." Kuiil said

The room still felt thick with tension as Kuiil set about collecting the materials that he would need to build the child a new pram. I hope no more arguments would break out, we couldn't fight amongst ourselves when we were going to be facing the empire.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Group had decided that we were going to come off the crest riding the blurrgs. Cara and Kuiil had one to themselves while I was going to share one with Mando. Again.

He held his hand out to me as he resided on top of the large animal. I accepted his hand and allowed him to pull me up onto the Blurrg. I sat behind him and wrapped my arms carefully around his waist so I wouldn't fall off.

The crest shook slightly as it landed on the ground of Nevarro. A place that I thought I'd never have to see again. Especially after what they went through last time.