Saving Nevarro

My heart broke as I scanned the city of Nevarro. Greef Karga had put so much more work into making it a better place, transforming the once hostile place into somewhere where people can feel safe. And now it was on fire. Smoke billowed from below, the buildings had been destroyed and were still burning.

My sadness was replaced by rage when I looked away from the city and towards the large pirate ship that was flying just above the burning city. The N-1 flew quickly towards the ship. My hands were wrapped tightly around the blaster cannon control.

Once we got into the correct position, I fired upon the massive pirate ship, causing damage to the front of their ship. 

Din flew us around the ship and then dropped down to the underside of the ship. Several panels opened up to reveal the guns below. They fired towards us but we were faster, managing to speed out of dodge.

As soon as we avaded the cannons, three snubfighters started to chase after us. I glanced behind us and saw that the pirate ship had also turned around and was starting to chase after us. The enemy ships began to fire at us and I tightened my grip on the cannon controls.

"Bold of you to return, Mandalorian."  The pirate Vane spoke over the comms.

Neither of us replied to the man as we focused on the battle at hand. I returned fire at the ships as Din focused on flying. We swerved left and right as Din avoided crashing into the other ships. Din turned upside down to change positions so we were facing one of the ships. I took the opportunity to fire upon the ship and blow it to pieces. We didn't have to say anything to each other, it's like that on the battlefield we work together like a well oiled machine.

"Thanks for your help, Mando." Greef Karga said over the comms. 

"I decided to take you up on your offer for a tract of land." Din replied

"Be careful, my friend. They've got you outnumbered ten to one." Greef Karga said

I couldn't help but smile as I looked at Bo-Katan's ship that was now directly in front of us. It felt good to have this much backup for once, the odds are usually against us. And even though we are still outnumbered, we still have a pretty good chance at winning.

Din swiftly turned us to the right so the snubfighter behind us was face to face with Bo's ship. Bo-Katan was quick to fire upon the enemy ship and blow it to pieces.

"I like those odds." Din said, causing me to smile.

"I bet you do." Greef Karga replied with a chuckle.

The large pirate ship continued to chase Din and I. They fired on us repeatedly but the N-1 was quick to move out of the way.

"The Corsair's on us. Coast is clear." Din said over the comms.

"Approaching drop point." Bo-Katan confirmed. "First team, prepare to drop. First team away."

Din continued to fly circles around the pirates, spinning and turning just out of their reach. He started to fly us towards the canyon that I had once had to escape from with Greef Karga, Cara Dune and Mythrol.

"Din, what's your position?" Bo-Katan asked

"I'm over the flats with snubfighters in pursuit. You're clear to start your run." Din confirmed, letting her know that she can follow after us.

Din brought us into the lava flats. We flew swiftly between the canyons with the pirates on our tail. It was funny to think that the razor crest would have never fit in here.

"You won't get away this time." Vane the pirate said over the comm.

After a moment, the sound of engines and the dots on the enemy proximity warning indicator disappeared. The snubfighters had retreated back to the Corsair.