The crash

The cockpit of the razor crest was practically silent aside from the quiet beeping of the controls. Though, it wasn't the usual quiet that fell between Din and I. This silence felt more awkward, this was probably due to our unexpected passenger.

The lady sat in the other passenger seat with her hands folded in front of her.

"Now, I'm gonna ask you to stay strapped in whenever you're seated. Traveling sublight is a bit dicey these days." Din said to our passenger.

I can't even remember the last time I had traveled sublight, it was weird to look out the window and only see the darkness of space rather than the bright blue light of hyperspace.

"Whether it's pirates or warlords, someone either ends up with a nice chunk of change or your ship." Din said. His explanation to the lady made me feel more on edge, we definitely didn't need that kind of heat right now.

The lady began to speak to him in her own language, which unfortunately, neither of us could understand.

"I don't speak whatever language that is. You speak Huttese?" Din attempted to speak to the lady in Huttese, but she didn't seem to understand.

Din sighed to himself when she didn't respond. I slumped back into my seat and tried to get comfortable, this was going to be a long trip.

"So, I'm gonna hit the rack. I've set the nav for our course. It's gonna take a while. I recommend you get some rest." Din said as he stood up from his seat and walked out of the cockpit.

I awkwardly glanced around the room as I was left alone in the cockpit with the lady. I took in a deep breath before I stood up out of my seat.

"I'm gonna get some rest, let me know if you need anything." I said, briefly wondering how she would, considering we can't exactly communicate.

I stepped out of the cockpit and descended the ladder. I was half way down when I heard Din's voice call out in a panic.

"No, no, no!"

I furrowed my brows and quickly climbed down the rest of the ladder.

"That is not food. Don't do that." Din said. I stepped down into the hull and saw him holding the child out in front of him.

"What's happened?" I asked in confusion

"The kid ate some eggs." Din said in a hushed voice

"What? Dank Farrick, you womp rat." I said to the child. My brows were furrowed in concern, those eggs were her children.

The child burped in response, clearly satisfied by what he had done. I sighed and ran a hand through my hair.

"Nap time." Din muttered as he carried the child over to his room and placed him in his hammock that we had set up.

"You should get some rest." Din said to her as he climbed into his bed.

"I will." I said with a small smile. Din nodded to me before he lay down and the door to his room closed behind him.

I turned to the wall behind me and pulled at the rectangular compartment. A bed slid out from the side of the wall and fell into place on the floor. This ship had a lot of secret compartments that came in handy. Din had installed this when I first joined him so I had a place to sleep.

I lay down on my bed and pulled the blanket up to my chest. I sighed in relief as my body began to relax, it had been a very long day and my eyes were heavy with sleep. I closed my eyes and quickly drifted into sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

An annoying, repetitive beeping woke me suddenly from my sleep. I cracked my eyes open and groaned lightly as the beeping continued. I wished that it would stop beeping so I could curl back up and go to sleep again.