Saviour

My feet hit harshly against the solid ground of the imperial base and my breathing came out in harsh pants. Cara and I had taken the lead since Din had gone off on his own. It felt weird to be doing a job without him being by my side. It made me feel immensely vulnerable.

"They're on the move!" A trooper yelled from behind us. Cara and I spun around to face them. I raised my blaster and shot one of the troopers directly in the chest, he yelled out in pain and collapsed to the ground.

A blaster bolt whizzed past my shoulder and hit the other stormtrooper in the chest. I flinched slightly but I kept my aim steady. I pulled the trigger and shot another trooper in the shoulder.

Once they had all fallen to the ground I looked around us for any more troopers. I couldn't see any more in the surrounding area, and we couldn't delay our escape.

"Let's go!" Cara yelled. I turned around and began to run forward again. I kept a tight grip on my blaster as I followed after Greef Karga.

We ran as fast as we could down another corridor. My heart was hammering in my chest, the longer we were here the less time we had to escape. And the more likely we were to be killed.

At the end of the corridor, more stormtroopers emerged. I quickly raised my blaster and shot one of them in the chest. He screamed out and fell to the ground. Another trooper jumped around the corner at Cara but she quickly grabbed him by the arm and flipped him onto the ground.

Two more troopers came around the corner. I aimed my blaster at one of the troopers and shot. Greef Karga shot at the other trooper and they both fell to the ground.

Cara stormed ahead with her blaster raised and the rest of us followed closely after her. We ran down corridor after corridor. Each one feeling identical. My heart hammered against my rib cage.

Eventually we came to a large set of doors. Mythrol immediately ran up to the control panel of the door to try and break it open. He quickly managed to get the door to open, it made a quiet beep as it slid open. We quickly found ourselves back at the platform where we had started.

The four of us quickly stepped out into the fresh air again. Even though we were on the lava flats and it was hot, it was still better than being in there. And all we had to do was get in the lift, get to the land speeder and get back to the town.

We ran as fast as we could across the platform, my heart was beating hard in my chest with anticipation. We were so close to the lift, but of course things never went to plan.

The lift door slid open to reveal several stormtroopers. The four of us slid to a stop, my boots slid slightly on the shiny floor.

"There they are! Blast 'em!" One of the troopers yelled.

They rapidly began to shoot at us. I ducked down and raised my arms in an attempt to shield my head. Cara grabbed my arm and pulled me down behind a pile of crates.

The four of us hid behind the crates. I popped up for a moment and shot at the troopers before I quickly dropped down again.

"We're trapped!" Mythrol shouted over the blaster fire 

"Is that so?" Cara said as she lent up and shot over the crates.

"You have a plan?" I asked her as I stuck my head up and shot at one of the troopers. I quickly sucked back down and she gave me a smirk.

"Cover me." She said before she began to crawl along the ground. Once she was at the end of the crates she stood up and made a run for it. I immediately stuck my head up and began to fire at the troopers, keeping their attention away from Cara.