The tragedy

My heart hammered painfully against my rib cage as I ran as fast as I could back up the mountain. I stumbled slightly as I stepped on an uneven rock but I quickly caught myself and kept running.

Din was right on my tail as I ran. The moment I had seen the imperial ship I had taken off running. Moff Gideon is still after the child, and I'm not taking any chances. I gasped harshly for air as I quickly climbed up the steep slope.

I pulled my body over the last ledge, finally making it to the top of the mountain. I gasped harshly as I looked towards the child, he was still meditating, and I'm not sure how we will manage to get him out of there in time.

"Time to go, kid!" Din grunted from behind me as he caught up. He slowed down and stood beside me when he noticed the force field as well.

"What are we going to do?" I asked Din breathlessly

"We have to get him out of there." Din said. He hopped down the steps and began to walk over to the child. He was struggling to push against the force field, he only made it a couple of steps forward before the force field rejected him and threw him backwards. He yelped and landed heavily on his front.

I immediately ran over to him when I noticed that he wasn't moving. I landed on my knees at his side and gently shook his shoulders.

"Din?" I asked worriedly. "Din, please."

I could hear blaster fire in the distance but I chose to ignore it for now, refusing to leave Din and Grogu by themselves unprotected while Imperials were here.

I shook his shoulder again worriedly before I gently took hold of his shoulders and rolled him over onto his back.

"Din?" I said loudly, trying to stir him awake. In a moment of panic, I lowered my hand down and firmly placed two fingers on his pulse point. I could feel his heart beating under my fingers at a normal rythm and I felt myself relax slightly.

I looked in the direction of the fighting and felt guilt rise up within me. Fennec and Boba Fett were down there fighting imperials but themselves when the imperials weren't even here for them. Though, they do look like they can handle themselves.

Suddenly, the sound of a ship's engine came whirring overhead yet again. I looked up and saw another imperial vesicle flying towards our location. It flew over us and landed in the same direction as the other imperials and Boba Fett.

I have to find a way to get the child to wake up before the imperials make their way up here.

The noise of Din groaning made me jump slightly. I looked back down at him and saw him trying to sit up.

"Are you okay?" I asked him worriedly as held onto his shoulders for support.

"Yeah, how long was I out?" He asked me as he moved to sit on his knees.

"Not long, only about 5 minutes." I replied.

Din grunted as he pushed himself up onto his feet. I slowly rose up with him, my eyes were trained on the child as I tried to think of some way to break the connection.

"That's it, kid." Din said suddenly, he was looking down the mountain and slowly began to back up. "We got to get out of here!"

Din quickly began to push his way towards it. The force field hadn't been this strong before so maybe Grogu was almost finished? It didn't matter regardless however, we didn't have enough time to find out.

"Din, it's not going to work!" I called out to him as he pushed against the force field. The force field pushed him back yet again, though this time it was less violent. He stumbled backwards and I held my hands out to steady him.