Unsteady

The darkness engulfed my vision. My feet scuffed the ground as I walked along the dark sewer. The only beam of light was coming from the torch that Cara held. She and Greef Karga walked ahead of me as I slowly dragged my feet along the ground.

The events that had just happened seemed to be replaying in the back of my mind as tears continued to fall down my cheeks. Every now and then I would quietly sniffle and wipe my tears away, but more would quickly fall in place.

My chest felt heavy and my heart felt like it was shattering over and over again. Everytime I remembered that he wasn't there with me I wanted to collapse onto the ground. I haven't felt grief like this since the day I lost my parents. And it was unfortunate that I had only realised how much I cared about Mando when he was gone.

The child cooed sadly from up ahead as I sniffed for the hundredth time. I raised my left hand and realised that I was still tightly clutching the necklace that he had given to me, which only made me feel worse.

I lifted up the necklace and gently placed it around my neck, I clasped it at the back and allowed the pendant to hit against my chest. Once the metal landed on my skin, I let out another sob that I couldn't hold in. I clutched onto the metal tightly as Grief consumed me.

An explosion suddenly went off in the distance. I tensed up and turned my head to look behind me, I stared down the dark sewer in worry.

But then, something else caught my attention, the sound of heavy footsteps making their way towards us.

I felt on edge as a flashlight illuminated the dark wall ahead of me and two figures made their way around the corner. IG-11 and...Mando. I could barely see through my tears, but there was no mistaking him.

I let out a shaky breath of relief, my eyes widened and I felt my shoulders relax. He was being supported by IG-11 as he stumbled through the dark towards them.

I could hear Cara and Greef Karga begin to walk towards them from behind me. But I felt frozen to the spot as I stared at his familiar form. A mixture of contradictory emotions rushing through me.

I quickly shook myself out of it and rushed towards him. I stopped directly in front of him as Cara handed the baby to IG-11. I could tell that he was weak still as he swayed lightly.

I let out a small sob as I stepped forwards and gently wrapped my arms around his waist. I buried my head into his shoulder in the gap between his armor. I tried not to hurt him and kept my grasp on him loose.

Mando gently wrapped his arms around my shoulders, his grip was weak but I could feel him trying to hold me tighter. I breathed out shakily before I slowly released him and looked into his dark visor with my bloodshot eyes.

"Don't you ever do that again." I said half in relief, half in frustration. My voice was hoarse and shaky.

"I'll try." He said quietly.

Cara then moved to stand at Mando's right side and wrapped his arm around her shoulders. "Okay, I've got you." She muttered as Mando put all his weight onto her.

I slotted into Mando's left side and placed his arm around my shoulder, helping Cara to aid him. I wrapped my arm around his waist to help him keep his balance. It was also an excuse to stay close to him, but I wouldn't let anyone know that.

The group then began to walk down the dark tunnel again. My heart felt lighter than it had before as I kept a tight grip on Mando. Though I felt unbelievably grateful to have him by my side again, I couldn't help but feel the aftermath of the pain I had endured. The heavy grief still sat in my heart even though I had him by my side again.