•7•

It's been about a week since I have woken up from my small coma.

Majority of the bruises are gone, All that's left are faint bite marks and my stab wound.

I've gotten my strength back along with my powers as well. However, I can't walk around without everyone watching me like a hawk.

I'm trying not to be frustrated with them because I know they care, but I just want to be alone with my pity.

Right now I'm sitting on the couch, watching some show Juno put on. It's about puberty and sex monsters.

She's at that age now.

Amethyst walks into the house with an empty tray. She's been doing that for awhile now.

"Where are they?" I ask amethyst. She stops her knitting and looks at me. "Eh-the three stooges" I say bluntly. She gives me a look but I glare, "don't lie. I'm tired of lies." She sighs out.

"In the cellar. I've been feeding them, keeping watch." I hum at her words.

It's silent for a few moments before I speak again.

"I want to talk to them."

Juniper immediately shakes their head, "no! Absolutely not!" I sigh and adjust myself.

"It wasn't a question up for debate." I state.

Juniper goes to argue but Amethyst gives her a look, "if that's what you want fine." She stands up and helps me to my feet. "Karmen, come on." Karmen stops what she's doing and follows us outside to the side of the house where the cellar is.

I fight urge to grimace in pain as I walk down the stairs.

I see three bodies chained to the wall, all three looking exhausted.

"The shackles are made with the shavings of the ruby knife...they are too weak to do anything." I grunt as I sit down on the bench across from them.

"What do you three want?" The boy speaks.

I stare at all of them, taking them in.

"Did you know your father killed my family?" They stare at me with wide eyes.

"He was an ass and he deserved it, grandpa said it t-you met our grandfather?" The little girl speaks.

"We all have, have you not?" I question. They don't answer.

"Where's your mother?" I ask.

"Dead... when she found out our father died she killed herself." I hum at the information.

"Look at us, four peas in a pod with dead parents. Quite a pickle we have ourselves in." I lean my head back against the wall.

"Save the jokes and just kill us!" The boy shouts. I I let out a dry chuckle, "kill you? Shockingly I don't want you dead."

"I do." Karmen says with a scoff. I ignore her and continue, "if you couldn't grant me the wishes of actually taking me out so I could be with my family again, you all don't deserve it either. So with that being said, it's up to Amethyst to figure out what she wants to do with you now."

I shakily stand up and Karmen helps me, "you girls go back inside, I'm going to stay down here." We both nod and make our way out of the cellar and back into the house.

Karmen helps me sit back down on the couch where I immediately let my body rest.

"Did you mean what you said? Abou wanting to be back with your parents?" She asks softly.

"Yes, I miss them."

She says nothing as she walks away from me.