•17•

"I guess word got around that you tried drowning Lauren." Karmen says as we walk through the hallway. I shrug my shoulders and keep glaring at everyone.

Thanksgiving break is over and we are back at school.

"I don't care. She punched me so that's what she gets."

"Ok but was it worth being grounded over?" Delilah joins us and gives me a look. I roll my eyes, "oh please Amethyst didn't really ground me. She just yelled and said I can't go out for a week."

We stop at Karmens locker where Alec and Izzy are waiting. Alec immediately pulls me into him and kisses my head. "That sounds a lot like being grounded Will."

"She said a week, she didn't specify which week."

Delilah scoffs while Karmen snorts.

We eventually start walking to the cafeteria. Well, everyone else walks, Alec is carrying me on his back.

A few people stare as we walk to our table and sit down.

"Mom packed you a lunch." Izzy says sliding me a bag. I smile and open it only to see egg rolls and rice.

"Tell other mother thank you." I say as I start eating.

Soon Luke and Kaydence join, and everyone is talking.

"Hey Will?" I turn and see a timid Tyler. We haven't spoke since I tried to kill his girlfriend.

"Yes Ty?"

"I broke up with Lauren."

I blink, "oh-she was cheating on me with Eric... out of all people." He looks like he is in tears. I push Karmen and motion for Tyler to sit down. "She's a bitch Ty, why do you think I tried to drown her?" He gives me a look. "We're you really going to kill her?"

"No"

Lies

"I just like scaring people." He hums and lays his head on the table.

"You want me to beat Eric's ass? He cheated on Ange so now I have double the reason." He chuckles and lifts his head.

"Nahh I'll be alright." I hum.

"Why are you so violent? Me and Ange told you no to fighting." Tyler says laughing. I huff and continue to walk with him outside.

As we walk to his car I see Lukka leaning against it. My heart begins to beat fast but I ignore it.

Tyler and Lukka dap eachother up. Lukka turns to me and smiles, "my lil she devil. You try to kill anyone today." I roll my eyes at him but I can't help but to smile.

"Hello Lukka how are you?"

"Fine now that I get to see you."

Tyler scoffs, "you really gonna flirt with me knowing I just broke up with my girl?" Lukka looks at Tyler, "her being weird and cheating don't have nun to do with me trying bag this cutie."

My face is hot at this point, but I manage to keep a straight face.

Tyler notices and smirks, "you're red as hell, did you blush like this with Jasper?" My mood instantly deflates.

"You're lucky I like you because your face would be caved in right now." He flinches and gives a awkward smile.

"Sooo when can I take you out." My eyes widen at Lukka's question.

"I-I need to go." I mumble out. I quickly walk over to my car and get in.

The car door opens and Alec gets in.

"Why do you looked so panicked?"

"Tyler's cousin Lukka is my mate and he just asked me out." I say staring at the steering wheel with wide eyes.

"What did you say? If you don't mind me asking."

"I said I had to go and I ran to my car... oh my god Alec I probably looked stupid!" I say turning to him freaked out. He gives me awkward smile.

"You could never look stupid... well sometimes but that's not the point-" I give him a look.

"-point is, maybe you aren't ready for someone new to be in your life again. Maybe you need to start with someone familiar."

I stare at him in shock but I have no chance to question him due to everyone piling into the car.