•5•

I don't know how long I have been running for but it feels like years.

I'm pretty sure I lost jasper awhile ago which causes me to finally come to a hault and rest against a tree.

I take deep breaths trying to calm down and not make myself panic even more than I already am.

The sound of something cracking makes me freeze.

Is it him?

I look around in fear but I don't see him.

The smell of something burning suddenly makes its way through my nose. I look above the trees and see a bunch of grey smoke.

I decide to follow it.

I begin walking through the woods, timidly looking around think jasper will appear out of nowhere.

I arrive in a clearing that looks familiar and I fall to my knees at the sight I'm met with.

My childhood home up in flames, slowly caving in on itself.

I can't even bring myself to cry, I'm so worn out and exhausted.

I see movement in one of the windows drawing my attention.

I see my parents holding my brother looking down at me with smiles that Seem peaceful.

"You have to let them go my dear." I look to the side and see my grandfather and grandmother.

"I-I can't... I can't let them go." My voice cracks as I watch the garage cave in.

"It's the only way to heal my dear. You're holding on hoping they will come back when they won't. Let them go and just remember the good memories." Grandma Percy says softly.

"You know they are always with you amor emus, always watch over you, rooting for you, protecting you. But holding on to the idea of them coming back is holding you back from
Flourishing." I look away from my elders and at the house.

Memories come flooding back.

The time where I got in trouble for coloring on the wall only for my dad to color on it with me.

Me and mom baking dads birthday cake.

Watching my mom and dad dance to dreams in the living room on family night.

Casting my first spell with mom.

Family game night

Movie nights

Multiple birthdays

Multiple hugs

Multiple crying session

Screaming matches

The happy times

And the sad times

Everything I took for granted.

I feel this wave of pressure leave my body as I watch my home finally collapse in on itself.

"You have one more task," the voice is different.

I look to my side and see ziggy with glowing green eyes. Right behind him is a door, a door that oddly looks like the door to my room.

No bothering yo fight it, I stand up like a zombie and walk towards the door.

I open it and I see I'm in my room at my aunts house. Only thing that's off is that I see myself asleep on the bed, beaten and bruised, and bloody.

I walk closer and look over myself.

I look horrible, and it's all jaspers fault.

I feel anger fill my body and I start destroying my room. I rip my posters off the wall, I swipe everything off my vanity, I tip over my dresser and book shelf. I breathe heavily as I now look at the mess of a room.

I see my reflection the mirror and I hate what I see.

A broken girl with no family and who has been used and hurt by her so called mate.

I let out a ear piercing scream and punch the mirror.

Glass falls down and surrounds my feet along with a bunch of pictures. I bend down and pick it up only to snarl.

A picture of me and Jasper kissing.

It suddenly bursts into flames, the whole room does.

I'm surrounded by flames.

My door busts open and I look at a confused Amethyst. Her eyes connect with mine and that's the last thing I see before I feel my self being pulled towards my sleeping form in bed.