•42•

I ring the doorbell of the familiar home and wait for someone to answer.

The door opens and there's Alec.

He has bags under his eyes, his hair is a mess, and I can tell he's mentally and physically tired.

"Willow?"

"I would say don't be shocked, but I've been avoiding you so I get it. Can I come in?" He opens the door wider and allows me to step inside.

"Did you wa-what made you believe Luke and hurt me?" I cut him off making him freeze.

I step closer to him, "I'm not here to argue with you."

He walks away from me, and goes into the livingroom.

"You-you changed... you were off! There was this dark cloud always over your head. You liked hurting people and you just became violent.... It was like you were the things I was raised to kill."

He turns and looks at me, "and I... and instead of trying to help you, I threw your parents death and what he did to you in your face. It's clear you were and are going through so much and you just needed someone to keep you stable and I didn't do that. Instead I fooled around with someone who hurt you! With what he was saying and you being different it just made it easier to believe him." He plops down on the couch and puts his head in his hands.

I walk over and sit next to him, "you're right, I needed someone to keep me afloat and I leaned on everyone around me, you being the main one. I wanted to hate you so bad, I tried to kill our bond... but I couldn't because I still love and care for you."

"I'm sorry... I'm sorry for being a shitty best friend. I shouldn't have let Luke lie to me like that I should have talked to you." He sobs out.

I never liked seeing Alec cry. It always hurt me.

I quickly pull him into a hug, "it's ok... I forgive you." He holds me tightly, afraid I'll leave if he lets go.

After a couple of minutes he pulls away from me and sniffles.

"I ruined your shirt." I look down and sure enough, my white shirt has tears all over it. "Just tears it will wash out...but I do have a question for you." He nods.

"Do...do you like Luke?"

He quickly looks away from me and moves to the other side of the couch. "Alec..."

"I do and I don't know why.... He-he lied! He lied and he hurt you so much and I still care for him in some sick way!" I play with the rings on my finger.

"Talk to him."

Alec looks at me in confusion, "Willow I ca-you can... I'm telling you it's ok and that you can. He apologized to me and I know why he did it. Plus, you deserve to be with someone that makes you happy."

"Are you sure?"

I stand up and nod, "wouldn't be fair considering I have Lukka... call him." I grab my jacket and walk out the house.

I climb into the car and take a deep breath. I lay my head on the wheel closing my eyes to clear my thoughts.

I never would have thought I would willing let go of one of my mates so he can be with someone else. It's a well known thing that demons are territorial, especially sex demons.

My phone ringing causes my eyes to snap open. I lazily grab the phone and answer. "Hello?"

"Hey did you want to come over?"

Lukka.

"Sure, yeah I'll be over in a bit."

I hang up and begin the drive to the apartment.

"He-" I'm cut off by Lukka pulling me inside and holding me against the door.

I quickly push him away, "what the hell is your problem?"

"Woah calm down! I just missed you that's all." I look him up and down. His eyes are a bit blown out and he's breathing harshly. I nod and try to relax.

"Ok...sorry." He nods and pulls me towards his room. Usually we are in the livingroom, so to be in his room, it is a bit nerve wracking.

He closes the door behind us making me jump. "Why are you so jumpy?" He asks.

"Not enough sleep." I mumble. I take a seat at the edge of the bed.

His room is clean for the most part. A few shirts are thrown in the floor. Posters along with a few guitars are strung along the wall. He has an ashtray next to bed along with a lava lamp.

"You have a nice room... it's pretty dark though."

"Yeah, what does your room look like?" My mind flashes back to when I destroyed my room.

"Like shit, I'm redecorating." He hums and sits next to me. He grabs my hand and pulls it into his lap, "was there something you wanted to do? Why am I here?" He smack his lips and laughs, "what I can't invite my girlfriend over because I miss her?" He drops my hand and pulls me so I'm sitting on his lap.

Out of instinct I wrap my arms around his neck.

He starts to rub my hips with his thumbs, eyes darting down to my lips occasionally. "You going to let me kiss you?"

"Yes."

His lips land on mine and a makeout session starts.

I begin to get into it, craving the affection I haven't felt in a long time. He pulls away from me and whispers in my ear,

"Let me love you."

My blood runs cold hearing the familiar words.

"Let me love you"

"Let me love you"

Flashes of that night cloud my vision.

"Willow." I look back at Lukka.

"You o-love me?" A smile grows on his face and he nods.

"Don't listen to him! He's lying!"

"Of course I do. What's not to love?"

"Ok."

"Ok what? You gonna let me touch you?" His hands begin to feel over my body, making my heart beat fast and hard.

"No! No he's just like him! This isn't right! We aren't ready."

The voice in my head gets louder and I begin to feel unsure.

"Come on ma, I'll go slow for you."

""don't do-ok"

"NO"

ignore the pleading from the voice in my head and lean in to him. soon we are rolling around in bed.