•33•

My whole body is on high alert.

I was at the pack house, helping Emily with something when suddenly the shock went through my body.

It felt cold, so cold I felt my lungs fill with ice.

It hurt, it felt like my pins and needles were stabbing my back.

"He's here." Karmen felt it too.

Before I knew it, I took off before everyone else. Sam quickly caught up to me and now here we are, running side by side as we try to get to the vampire.

"He's with Bella!" I hear Jake yell through the mind link. He tries to pass Sam but the Alpha barks for him to fall back.

I say nothing as I jump into the trees, catching on to a branch and swinging myself up. Im perfectly hidden, no one can see me but I can see everything.

Karmen and the other twins follow in pursuit.

"I came as a favor for Victoria."

Laurent.

I feel the branch start to crack from how hard I'm grasping the branch. I feel Alec's eyes on me but ignore them.

"Victoria?" Bella mumbles in shock.

"She asked me To see if you were still alive... under the protection of the Cullens and Willow. Victoria feels that it's only fair to kill Edwards mate given he killed hers. An eye for and eye."

Bella looks off to the side before blinking rapidly, "e-Edward would know who did it! And he'd come after you!"

"I don't think he will, after all, how much could you mean to him if he left you here unprotected?" His voice is taunting, like a predator waiting for it prey.

He sighs and takes a step forward, "Victoria won't be happy about me killing you, but I can't help myself, you're so mouthwatering."

"Please don't! I mean you helped us-" she gasps out when Laurent appears infront of her, hovering his hands over her face, "shhhh don't be afraid, I'm doing you a kindness. Victoria plans on killing you slowly, painfully, where as I will make it quick. I promise, you feel nothing."

Laurent steps back, getting ready to attack

"Roll in, slowly." Sam mutters.

Sam steps on a branch, alerting both Bella and Laurent of another presense.

Laurent turns just as the pack fully shows themselves, "I can't believe it."

Sam steps out in full glory, his black fur shining in the little bit of sun casting over us. The others slowly come out, making sure to flank on either side of Sam.

Sam in the middle, Jared on the left and Paul on the right. Embry and Jacob split evenly on both sides.

Laurent steps back as Sam towers over them, getting ready to pounce. He snaps his canines causing Laurent to turn and take off.

"NOW!"

Karmen and the twins jump down and take off after everyone.

I stay put in the branches, waiting for the right moment to attack.

Suddenly Laurent stops and flings Sam across the clearing. He lands infront of Bella causing her to jump back and take off running.

"A little help Gardner!" Paul barks as he doges a punch from the vampire.

"Chase him into the woods." Everyone begins to rush in at once leaving him no option but to run.

I close my eyes and allow myself to feel the ground, the roots running through the dirt, picking up the vibrations and sending waves to the trees. I snap my eyes open waste no time in throwing a punch.