•62•

Willow was doing well with her punishment. Coming straight home after school, no fighting, she even helped out at the greenhouse.

She wasn't acting out, she was doing well.

Amethyst knows the girl is mad at her so she decided a to make a small peace offering by allowing her to sleep over at Angela's.

She was a nice girl who had her head screwed on right, she's a good influence for Willow.

Amethyst sighs as she brings the basket of clothes up the stairs. She just finished doing Willow's load of laundry. Usually she would leave it by the door but this time, she decided to put it in her room.

She opens the door only to be hit by a putrid smell.

death and decay.

She drops the basket and covers her nose and mouth.

It's strong, so strong her eyes begin to water.

What is making that smell?

She looks around the room trying to see what could be making that smell, but theres nothing in sight. She walks into the bathroom but doesn't find anything.

Same with the closet and drawers. As she closes one of the dresser drawers, something falls and rolls under the bed.

She sighs and gets on her hand and knees to reach under the bed. In attempts to grab whatever fell, her hand makes contact with something.

Frowning with curiosity, she pulls the item out.

It's a container fillled with a liquid.

Hesitatantly, the woman opens the container. What she's met with causes her to drop the container and scream.

Her eldest daughter and stepson run into the room, "what's wrong!" Karmen asks.

Amethyst looks at the contents on the ground in shock. She looks at the bed and quickly stands.

She wastes no time in flipping the mattress off of the frame. "Mom what the he-" Karmen stops seeing all the containers under the bed frame.

"What the hell are those?" Luke questions stepping into the room. Him and Karmen cover their noses, smelling the rotten fumes.

Amethyst stares at the containers and notices there's labels.

Hearts'

Livers'

Intestines

Lungs'

Brains'

"She's...she's killing people..."

It hits Amethyst like a bag of bricks.

"The people in Port Angela's..." she covers her mouth.

Karmens eyes widen, "it's not a vampire..."

"It's Willow." Luke finishes.