•46•

I hum to myself as I cook the meat. "What are you cooking?" Delilah asks as she walks into the kitchen.

"Steak."

She hums and takes a seat.

I finish up cooking and plate the food.

My mouth is watering, it smells so good I don't even bother to sit down.

I bite at the food only to pause.

"You ok?"

"No my food taste like shit."

I throw the food in the trash and set my dish in the sink.

Suddenly the doorbell rings making me groan out. "Dels can you get the door." She says nothing as she gets up.

I stare at the container on the counter trying to figure out why it taste so bad. "Umm Willow?" I turn and see Delilah standing next to Chief Swan. "What's going on?"

"Maybe it's best you take a seat Willow." I eye him as I move towards a chair.

"It's under my impression from his cousin that you were dating Lukka Sabbath?" I slowly nod.

"Yes...what's going on?"

He sighs and removes his hat, "there's no easy way to say this but Lukka is dead..."

I stare at him blankly. The urge to smile is large.

"Now I know this is hard to process, but I do have to ask you some questions."

I say nothing.

"Now where we're you two days ago?"

"At school, then I went to the store before I came home."

He writes down my answer on a notepad.

"Willow we were told you left school mid day.... Where did you go?"

"To see Lukka. He's been ignoring me and I wanted to know why. He told me it's because I don't want to have sex with him. He told me he was cheating. I cried and I left. As I was leaving I saw a black truck pull into the lot. A few guys in odd clothing got out and went up to the apartment. I left after that."

I watch as he writes down my answers.

"You don't seem to be upset at all..." he looks up from his notepad and taps his pen against it.

I tilt my head, "I don't think it's appropriate for you to question my process of grieving but since you want to know why I'm not sobbing it's because I'm numb to death. My parents died, and the boy I loved who was apart of the family that also hurt your daughter, also cheated on me. I've been through a lot and I've learned to deal with it. Now if you excuse me, I will be going to my room to check up on Tyler."

I grab the container off the counter and walk to my room. I slam my door and smile to myself.

It was only a matter of time before the cops came knocking. I knew they would try to blame it on me, I mean, he did "die" the same way my parents did.

Guess I could have thought of something different.

I lay down and call Tyler.

The line connects and I'm immediately met with sniffles. "Willow? Did Chief Swan break the ne-he did and I'm sorry Ty." I roll my eyes at the fake words coming from my mouth.

"I know you guys were close... I don't know how to feel. He was cheating on me with Lauren and then this happens."

"He... what?"

I smirk to myself, "mhm yeah. When I went over there Lauren was in his bed. He yelled at me and said it was my fault he cheated because I didn't want to have sex with him. He told me he was messing with Lauren while you were with her.... I'm sorry Ty I shouldn't be dumping this on you while you're grieving."

"I umm.. no it's fine. Listen I have to go."

I tell him to call me if he wants to talk, and hang up the phone. I throw my phone down but it hits the package of meat.

I sit up and stare at the bloody container.

I grab it and think to myself.

Why didn't it work? It looked so appetizing then, but as soon as I cooked I- that's it!

I open the package and moan out at the scent of blood.

I pick up one of the intestines and stare at it.

I slowly raise it to my mouth.

The thought of eating it sounds horrible, but it smells so good.

I take a bite and immediately I'm shoving it in my mouth.

Before I know it, I finish the whole container.

My reflection catches my attention.

My mouth and hands are covered in blood, but somethings different.

I look alive again.