•27•

I stand in the middle of shifter territory holding hands with Karmen.

"You ready?" I ask her. She nods and we close our eyes.

"hanc sanctam terram progenitorum nostrorum protegere volumus. si quid mali quod in hanc terram transire tentat, iram neptes ipsius lucifere opponant."

As we continue to chant, I feel the wind pick up around us. The trees are singing, the birds are chirping louder, the ground is vibrating.

Suddenly a growl is heard from a distance, causing us and everything else to stop. We look around in confusion, but don't see anything.

"You told Paul to keep everyone back right?" I ask as I keep looking around. Karmen nods and mumbles something as her eyes dart around.

Out of nowhere a wolf comes out the bushes and launches at us. It's manages to knock both of us to the ground, and it starts snapping it's jaws at us. Karmen and I shoot our hands out at the same time, sending the wolf across the woods. Karmen helps me up and hold me back when I go to attack, "I don't recognize him, he may be new!Let's go back to Sam's." I don't get to answer because the wolf starts coming at us again.

We start running through the woods, trying to lose the so called shifter.

We make it to the edge of the woods and start shouting. "There's a wolf fo-ah!" Karmen gets tackled to the ground. I growl and tackle the wolf off of her. "Willow!" I hear someone shout as we go tumbling.

I fling the wolf into a tree, and I hear it whimpers when something snaps.

It changes back into a boy with shaggy hair, "I-I'm sorry!" He shouts in tears.

"Embry?" Jared asks in confusion. "I-I don't know what happened! I-I-it's ok, let's get you inside." Sam says walking over with a pair of shorts.

He stands up and puts the shorts on and walks with Sam. He walks past me and I glare making him flinch.

"So the legends are true, and you two are witch slash demon hybrids, and you two are shadow hunters?"

"Yeah."

"Oh god I think I'm going to throw up." Embry says laying his head on the table.

"Yeah and vampires exist, which explains why you shifted." I say looking over at Sam.

"Vampires!? Oh god!" We all roll our eyes at his dramatics.

"Embry, did you see anyone before you shifted?" Sam asks.

"No... I was getting stuff for mom and suddenly I smelled something really sweet. Like a sickly sweet...almost like Willow's scent. Then I shifted."

Everyone looks at me, "I told you that you smelled different." Paul mutters.

"Have you been meeting with any vampires? We all know you like th-" Jared is cut off with me throwing him against a wall, "say something slick again and I will break every bone in your body." He nods and looks away from me.

"What did he mean by that?" Embry asks looking at me in fear.

"Nothing. Now if you excuse me, Karmen and I have a spell to complete."

"We're coming this time, don't need any other interruptions." Sam says standing up.

"Hey! I randomly turned into a wolf and I see two girl in the woods with purple glowing around them! Tell me you wouldn't fight either."