•36•

"I'm shocked."

"And why is that?"

"I mean you have been dodging me after I made it clear I wasn't going to chase you, and then you hit me up asking me out on a date." I give him a sheepish smile.

"I'm sorry Lukka, I just needed to get my head together. But if it was really a problem for you, you wouldn't be here would you?" He smiles at me.

"You're right. So what are you going to eat?"

I look down at the menu. Honestly nothing seems appetizing. "I'm not really hungry so I'm just going to get coffee. What about you?"

"Maybe a breakfast sandwhich." I nod and close the menu, placing it to the side.

"So how have you been?"

Flashes of what happened between me and Alec, the bond breaking ritual, and me breaking down, flash through my mind.

I smile at him, "I've been good, how have you been?"

"Good now that you not playing hard to get." I blush and look away from him.

"I had a good time , thank you for going out with me." I say as he walks me to my car. "I couldn't miss my opportunity to see my favorite girl." I roll my eyes and lightly push him away from me.

"So when am I going to see you again?" He asks wrapping his arms around me. I tense at the form of affection, "I uh, just text or call me ok?" He nods and I notice he's getting closer.

"Can I kiss you?"

Part of me wants to say no, but the other half agrees.

"Yeah."

His lips are soft, and rough at the same time. He taste like cigarettes but I find myself not caring about it.

I pull away from him and smile, "I need to go,"

"What you have to do that's so important that you can't stay here and kiss me a few more times?"

I blush and move away from him, "school obviously," he rolls his eyes but let's go of me.

"Fine, but you better answer when I text you."

"Why is Alec looking at you like you kicked his dog and took his candy?" Angela asks as we sit down in our seats.

I look over my shoulder and sure enough, she's right. I rolls my eyes and turn back around, "don't know and honestly I don't give a fuck." She gives me a look and I sigh out.

"Sorry Ange, I didn't mean to be aggressive with you." She mumbles something about it being ok and I frown.

"What's wrong Ange?"

"Promise you won't get mad?"

"Honestly depends on what you are going to say but I will try." My words don't comfort her at all, but she continues.

"I miss you? I know you have a lot going on, and I truly understand but I feel like you have been pushing me away and it hurts? I would like to think we are bestfriends but I'm starting to think differently."

"I'm sorry Ange I really am! I understand exactly how you feel and it was never my intention to do that. Like you said I have been going through a lot, mainly with ummm-" I wave my arms around in attempts to say "supernatural"

"-and it's been really crazy. It's not an excuse but I hope you accept my apology. And you are my bestfriend! You have been there for me even when you didn't have to and I appreciate it!" She gives me a smile and I hug her.

"Hey, how about you hang with me and Izzy after school? I'm dying my hair and getting piercings." Her cheeks turn red when I mention Izzy.

"Izzy's going to be there?" I smirk and nod.

"She sure is. Maybe you two can kiss again." She quickly looks away making me laugh. "Shut up! Fine I'll go!"

I giggle and nudge her as the teacher walks in.

"alright class turn to page 350 in your text book."

I'm walking to my car when I'm stopped by Luke. I roll my eyes and try to step around him but he gets in my way.

"You didn't break the bond." He has a smirk on his face and I clench my jaw. "How do you know I didn't?" I question.

"Because my boyfriend wasn't in pain like you claimed he would be. Plus, I heard from Delilah you couldn't break the bond with him because you're hung up on a certain vampire."

I clench my hands.

He gets closer to me and bends down so we are at eye level, "tell me Willow, how does it feel to be completely alone since both of your mates ditched you like a piece of trash?"

His words cut deep.

" Luke leave her alone." I turn and see an angry Alec walking over. He stands infront if me and begins going off, "you're a piece of shit! I told you to let me fix things with her and instead you start antagonizing her!" Luke gives alec a sad look and tries to defend himself.

" no! If this is how you act to people I love I want nothing to do with you Luke! Stay away from me!" Lukes whole face drops at Alec's words.

"Go.... Now!"

He says nothing as he storms off.

Alec sighs before turning around and staring at me, "I'm sorry." I roll my eyes and look away from him, "can you at least tell me why you didn't break the bond?"

"The person guarding the bonds wouldn't let me. Now move." I go to move but he stops me.

"You're lying, you have a habit of twitching your fingers when you lie. Tell me the truth Willow, please." He grabs my shoulders making me jerk out of his hold.

It's hot.

"Why should I tell you the truth when you lied to me?" I question in irritation. All I want to do is get in my car, but I have been stopped twice now and I'm going to lose it.

"Because I'm sorry. You are already going through a lot and I threw it in your face and betrayed you when you really needed me. I said nasty thing to you and I regret it. I'm so sorry Will, and I love you so fucking much." By then end of his apology he's in tears.

"What did he do to get you to go behind my back and act like ass to me?"

"He-he said he apologized and you forgave him... he said you were fine with us b-because you knew you and I wouldn't work because we have been friends for so long. That you wanted me to be happy."

I scoff and shake my head, "Luke has never apologized to me, only Kaydence has. Besides that, why didn't you ask me ? Why didn't you check with me to make sure he wasn't lying?" He looks down at his shoes and begins clenching his hands.

"because I-I like him... I found him cute before I knew what he did. When I found out I hated him, but then I thought he was attractive. I realized I probably liked him on thanksgiving. I never acted on it until now."

I stare at him silently, "I'm a shitty friend and mate I know. I've been beating myself up for hurting you the way I did. I threw your parents death in your face along with what he did and I'm so sorry Willow."

"Willow?" I turn and see Izzy and Ang. Izzy is glaring at Alec while Ang looks confused. "Are you ready to go?" I nod and unlock the car. "Get in, I'll be there in a second." Izzy gives me a look and I give a sad smile. Her and Ang get in, leaving me with Alec.

"I didn't break our bond because I couldn't bring myself to break Jaspers.... Wouldn't be fair to kill yours when he hurt me more."

With that I walk away from him and get in the car.