v

~ Z a y n a h ~

Like an involuntary action, I pushed him so hard that he fell on the floor.

I had caught him off guard. And myself as well.

"You don't give up so easily, do you?" He let out a crazed laugh and honestly, it sent shivers down my spine.

I didn't know what to do anymore.

I felt so helpless, but I didn't want to give up and submit either. This strange feeling drove me crazy.

He stood up and came to me like a predator approaching its prey.

"Don't you miss your parents?" He took my hand, "Let's go and pay them a visit."

What was he playing on?

Before I could respond, he pulled me and walked out of the room.

His grip on me burned like a hot fire. I was growing more and more tense by the minute, and his calm and confident composure didn't help either.

He finally stopped in front of a large metal door. The guard standing there pulled out a bunch of keys and unlocked the door.

My heart was beating erratically in my chest, and I wondered whether Desmond heard it too.

"I can't wait to meet my in-laws!" He looked at me with excitement.

He was a complete nut job, for sure.

If my parents weren't involved, I wouldn't have to deal with this deranged man.

My parents were my weakness, and he was planning on utilizing that to the maximum extent.

He once again pulled me and walked into the dark room.

This place looked like a prison, and it made me tear up that they might be here.

"Look, here they are!" He pointed towards a cell.

My heart dropped when I saw my parents locked in that cell.

"As promised, I brought your daughter to meet you," He put his hand on my shoulder.

"Mother," a lone tear fell down my cheek, and I knew that my tears won't stop from now.

"Zaynah!" My parents rushed towards me with the metal bars separating us.

"Are you alright?" My parents and I asked that question at the same time.

A question to which, we all knew the answer.

"Enough with the melodrama," Desmond waved his hands in the air dismissively, "Guards!"

A few armed men came running in, and one of them opened the door to my parents' cell.

"Break their fingers," He said monotonously.

I snapped my head towards him, "No Desmond!"

"Yes Snowflake."

I held his hand in a moment of impulse, "Please no," I looked at him with tear filled eyes.

He looked taken aback.

"I uhm don't," He cleared his throat, "Guards halt!"

They stopped in an instant.

"So what were you saying?" He asked in a suggestive tone and held my hand tighter.

The jerk in him was back.

"Please don't hurt them," I hung my head low.

"And why would I do that?" I could feel his smug face even if I didn't look at him.

"Because," I was at the loss of words.

"Because?" He taunted me.

I prepared myself before saying those humiliating words.

"Because I will behave nicely." I told exactly what he wanted me to say.

"Heard that, dear in-laws?" He turned towards my parents with a wide grin on his face.

"No Zaynah, don't do this," My father looked at me with a shocked expression.

I had to save them.

I repeated these words in my mind while my parents kept saying something.

"Okay, that's enough." Desmond announced, "I got what I wanted, now let's go, Snowflake."

He pulled me yet again, without letting me bid goodbye to my parents.

When we were out of that room, he leaned in and whispered in my ear, "You want to meet your parents more often, right?"

That question made me wish that the ground had parted and eaten me alive.

How much should I endure before I give up?

I blamed my cursed fate, which made us cross our paths with each other.