vi

~ Z a y n a h ~

He closed the door behind me after pushing me into his room.

"So where were we?" He slowly paced towards me.

I didn't understand what he meant, and I didn't want to understand either.

"Ah, right!" He snapped his finger, "You pushed me between our kiss."

Mentally unstable prick.

"So it's only fair that you initiate it again, right?" He bent down and looked me in the eye.

"What do you mean?" I finally asked.

His line of sight dropped to my lips, and he smirked, "Kiss me."

No no no.

"No." I didn't even realize that I said it aloud.

"No?" He raised an eyebrow, warning me.

I gulped nervously and wiped my sweaty palms on my nightgown in a subtle manner.

"I'm waiting."

I made up an excuse, a lame one at that, "I don't know how to kiss?"

"You're asking me?" He laughed, "Okay then, just do what I did back then."

I just wished for a miracle to happen right now.

Anything, God, anything.

I closed my eyes and leaned in very slowly.

At that moment, a very loud knock on was heard against the door.

I stepped back immediately.

Desmond looked infuriated. The look in his eyes scared me.

I struggled to form coherent words, "I-I we- "

He gripped my shoulders and pushed me back till I was against the wall.

"Desmond, stop!" I wailed as my back hurt from the force.

He moved his hands to either side of my neck and started to kiss me.

By reflex, I pushed on his shoulders but to no avail. This wasn't like the first time.

My struggle didn't push him back this time. This time, it hurt.

Tears rolled down my cheeks, and I was sure that he could feel it on his face.

I didn't know how long the assault on me lasted until he parted away breathless.

He turned around and walked towards the door while my knees gave away, and I sat on the floor.

"What's it, Laevinn?" He opened the door.

My eyes were glued on the floor from the humiliation and disgust.

"Desmond, the Count has set a date for the meeting. You were so invested in this, that's why I wanted to infor- " The voice stopped for a moment, "Who's that girl?"

"Your future sister-in-law." I heard him respond.

I had nothing to do with his disturbing fantasies, so I ignored what he said, even though his response frightened me.

I didn't want to live this way.

"What?!" I could feel the voice coming closer.

"How could you barge into my room like this, Laevinn." But his tone suggested that he wanted his brother to see what he had done to me.

"My goodness!" His brother stood in front of me, "Who's she?"

Desmond chuckled, "Make a guess."

Laevinn kneeled in front of me, and I could feel his eyes scrutinizing me, "Is she, is she the Queen of Serendale?"

"Bingo!" Desmond sounded oddly cheerful, "the very girl who rejected me and the very girl you challenged I'd never get."

"Are you serious right now?" Laevinn stood up seeming angry, "What did you do to her? Her lips are bleeding, and she's been crying for sure."

"What I do with my future Queen is none of your business, don't you think so?"

"You've gone crazy, Desmond."

"Don't lie, little brother. You already knew that I was crazy."

Amidst their conversation, I wished that I could blend with the wall and disappear forever.

After their heated argument, Laevinn muttered something and stormed off the room.

I felt more suffocated, realizing that I was alone with him again.

He kneeled before me and stroked my cheek, "I'll return after I deal with something important. Okay, Snowflake?"

I just nodded vigorously if it meant he'll leave me alone for some time.

He chuckled, "Too eager to get rid of me? I'm hurt."

I didn't respond to him.

"Okay then," He leaned in and pecked my lips, "Bye Snowflake."

Only if this was our last goodbye.