xxi

~ I c a r u s ~

Her eyes widened in realisation.

Gosh, I was famous.

"You're the King of Ryomen?" Her voice wavered.

"Yes." I smirked proudly, "And who are you miss beautiful?"

"Why would I tell you?"

I chuckled, walking closer and grabbing her belongings that sat on a rock, "Because you don't want to return in that piece of clothing."

She visibly shuddered, "I'm Zaynah Serandale."

It was now my turn to be shocked.

The Zaynah Serandale who married Desmond Laxoire?

"You are Desmond's wife?!" I couldn't contain a lot of emotions that swirled through me.

Shock, denial and happiness.

Happiness? Yes. Because the girl whom I wanted to meet found me instead.

This was so funny.

She looked uneasy at the mention of her husband, and then I remembered that she was kidnapped.

"Yes, I'm his wife." She finally said.

She might've thought that admitting that would help her out of this. Poor girl.

If anything, I was just more intrigued now.

"Come out," I commanded.

"No."

"No?" I held her dress tightly, "You want me to throw this into the water?"

"No, I'll come." She slowly dragged her out of the water and covered her body with her hands, which didn't help at all because of the white cloth that clung to her body.

Lucky Desmond.

She forwarded her hand, "Give me."

I chuckled and pulled a clean towel from my luggage, "Here, take it as well."

She eyed me suspiciously but accepted the towel nonetheless. I put her clothes back on the rock.

"Will you turn around?" Her eyes looked vulnerable.

"No," I tilted my head.

Her eyes teared up, and she started to dry herself with the towel.

I didn't know why, but I turned around anyway.

Was this how she tamed Desmond?

"Do you love your husband?" I folded my arms and looked at the sky that was slightly turning too dark for an autumn afternoon.

She didn't answer and I knew the answer.

"Aw, come on! Is he that bad in bed?" I joked.

Again, there is no answer.

"You are making me want to turn around, sweetheart." I warned her.

"I hate Desmond, and I think the same about you."

I laughed. "Oh, you'd be surprised to know that I'm being lenient right now, but still you loathe me already. Trust me darling, I can be worse than Desmond."

"Are you done now?" I turned around while she was almost done. Her dress sleeve was hanging down her arm.

"What a pretty sight," I walked towards her, "I envy Desmond now."

She quickly pulled up her sleeves in place. Too bad I wasn't having any of that.

I stood before her and pulled down her sleeve, "I was right, you have a shoulder mole here." I caressed her soft skin. "Do you know the meaning behind moles?"

"I don't know," She took a step back.

"Well, it is said that a mole is formed on the place where your past lover had kissed the most. Do you think that's true?"

"No, I don't." She adjusted her dress again.

"You're so cold." I snickered.

"I want to go back."

"Why? You don't like there anyway."

"My parents are there."

"Huh? I'll help them escape." That was a lie.

"Why would you?"

"Because you're coming with me." I smirked.

"No, I'm not."

"Yes, you are." I held her wrist and called my guards.

I had taken two guards with me for protection. I didn't trust his kingdom at all.

The guards came with the guy named Arvin, whom I had misunderstood for her lover. Silly me. He must be a guard as well.

"What should we do with him, Your Highness?"

"Kill him."

"No!" I turned to her.

"Why not?"

"He's a young boy, let him live. Please." She pleaded, making me feel some strange kind of emotions.

"Then let him go. He can inform the king about his little wife's kidnapping."