xxiv

~ I c a r u s ~

"So this is going to be your new room for the time being."

I pulled her inside my chamber, "which is apparently my room as well."

"Leave me," She struggled to rescue her arm.

"Keep struggling, and you'll know what I'm capable of." She froze upon hearing that.

Desmond really did a number on her.

I sat on my bed, pulling her with me.

"So tell me, what should I do with you?" I ran my finger along her jaw.

"Let me go." She met my eyes.

I laughed, "And why would I do that?"

She turned away, making me frown.

"Why do you want to go back to him? He's done so much damage in your life. Then why?"

I was genuinely confused.

"I don't want to go back to him, I want to achieve freedom. I want to free my parents as well and for that, there is something that I must do." She stared at the floor in deep thought.

Did it mean she was plotting something?

"Ok darling, just wait for a little. There's something I want from Desmond, and once that's done, I'll let you go."

That caught her attention, "What is that?"

I pulled her cheek, "Now, where's the fun in that? You'll know at the right time." I winked.

She just sighed.

I got up from the bed, "Now, if you excuse me, I'll go and get some important things done. Ok?"

I began to walk away, but then I turned around, "A servant will bring your food now, and you already know that guards are everywhere, right?"

"I know, Icarus."

Damn. I tilted my head and smirked.

"Don't call my name unless you wanna moan my name."